Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Free REPRAP stickers for anybody,,,

Posted by spacelife 
Free REPRAP stickers for anybody,,,
October 13, 2010 05:46PM
Hello!

My name is Tony and I live in Slovenia, Europe. I'am new in this forum (by registering) othervise not, because I'am using it every day for searching help on how to finish my mendel (made from wood by original design).

I'am also producing stickers and I want to support the team of reprappers by giving them free stickers to stick them on RepRap machines to give them more original look.

So once again. I will send everyone two stickers:

1. Reprap sticker 60 x 15 mm (image_001.jpg) 1 piece
2. Reprap sticker 30 x 40 mm (image_002.jpg) 1 piece

For the return I'am asking you just to send me postcard from your town with saying "hello repraper" and your address, and as soon as I will get it I will send you mail with two stickers....free of any costs.

I will collect all the postcard in my wall of my prototype workshop (very small one under the roof of the house image_003.jpg). I have some postcards there from AUDI Ingolstadt museum, also. You can find my address under image_004.jpg and you can print it.

OK. So that's about it.

Othervise I'am building my RepRap Mendel from wood, but I will stick to the original plans (not the modifications like wolfstrap). The wood that I'am using is Beech wood which is strong enough and very easy to work with.

I will use stepper motors and drive pulleys from 4 printers (Epson stylus color 440) which I dissassembled earlier. I also made y drive pulley holder from metal plate.

In the middle of the project I saw that for building all the parts from wood I will need also x,y coordinate table for my drilling machine so that I could mill all the parts which are designed more for printing. You can find the design of the table under image_005.jpg. It will be also made from wood and from parts from the above mentioned printers. So now I have to finish this project to go further one with building and milling mendel parts from wood.

I have all the PCB's, but I wan't first to build the Mendel hardware. Then I will work on with electronics.

I also attached some pictures of the progress building up my Mendel.

I wish you all success with your RepRap printers...

Tony
Attachments:
open | download - image_001.jpg (126.5 KB)
open | download - image_002.jpg (121.9 KB)
open | download - image_003.jpg (216.2 KB)
open | download - image_004.jpg (20.9 KB)
open | download - image_005.jpg (99.1 KB)
open | download - image_006.jpg (188.1 KB)
open | download - image_007.jpg (251.8 KB)
Re: Free REPRAP stickers for anybody,,,
October 13, 2010 06:18PM
Welcome Tony!
Your wooden mendel looks really good smiling smiley
Great initiative with the stickers.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
VDX
October 13, 2010 06:21PM
Hi Tony,

... in the German forum we are actually designing some stickers and other designs for lasercutting or other techniques - here a sample [forums.reprap.org]

Can you print any image and any sizes?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 14, 2010 06:52AM
Thanks Nudel smiling smiley

Unfortunately I can't print stickers. The stickers that I'am giving away are made from foil and they are cutted on the Rolland cutter. In the future I'am going to buy one of the solvent printers, but they are very expensive and I will have to wait to collect some money for it.

On my Roland cutter I can cut 500 mm wide and 25 m long sticker with no problem. But the sticker that you design is more appropriate for printing with solvent printers because it is too detailed for cutting. But I like the design of the sticker very much.

Tony
October 14, 2010 07:10AM
Thanks Nudel smiling smiley

Viktor. The stickers that I'am giving away are made on the Rolland cutter from foil and are not printed. In the not so near future I'am planning to buy one solvent printer. I like the design of your stickers but they have too much details for cutting them from foil.

Tony
October 16, 2010 11:11PM
What kind of postcard do you want? My town isn't really a tourist town so there isn't really any postcard. Can I take a picture of a mall or something, print it out on thick paper and send that to you? Would that be acceptable?
October 17, 2010 07:17AM
Yes...no problem...I will accept also that...
June 05, 2011 12:37PM
Hy
do you still have stickers? I know it is a long time since you have posted that you have some grinning smiley

greets
koiti
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login