Printing away until......
October 13, 2010 09:11PM
Printing away until...... I turn off OR on on my bench light, magnifying light or room light.. then all is silent...sad smiley Reset needed)
Any thoughts on how to stop this interference>? Any help from a electronics guru would be MUCH appreciated!

It's random and does not happen every-time... 3 out of 5 or so..

I did put everything on a filtered power strip and that did not help/// Thoughts?

Thanks!
Dan
Re: Printing away until......
October 13, 2010 09:28PM
The last post (as of writing this) in another thread just might have your answer: [forums.reprap.org]

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
October 13, 2010 09:46PM
Hmm, ok

I am using a bench top 30 amp variable supply... I know there is no current issues...Do think a cap will still help?
October 13, 2010 11:08PM
Check for ground loops, especially if you're using a laptop to run the RepRap. Make sure everything is plugged into the same AC circuit, and then look for AC signals with your multimeter between the various grounds. Grounding the chassis on my laptop helped a lot with an older version of the circuit boards.
October 14, 2010 03:47AM
I have this problem as well, if I turn on/off the overhead light in the computer/reprap room OR the bathroom next to it - BOOM!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
VDX
October 14, 2010 05:02AM
... you need better ground-connection, line-filters and shielded cables and/or a shielding housing around the electronics eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 14, 2010 08:12AM
When I turn on my 2000w heat gun the ceiling lights in the room flickers and dims, but nothing happens to my mendel (powered by a pc psu).

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
October 14, 2010 10:48PM
Like wade said, check to see if there is any AC on the DC.
I use a DC benchtop power supply at work, and was always getting AC zaps on my skin, fixed that by tying the gnd of the supply to earth.

DanielG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm, ok
>
> I am using a bench top 30 amp variable supply... I
> know there is no current issues...Do think a cap
> will still help?
October 15, 2010 12:06AM
Thanks! I'll check that .. Also gonna try another supply tomorrow..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 12:06AM by DanielG.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login