Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Megatronics v3 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller

Posted by Smatta 
Megatronics v3 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller
March 18, 2016 07:12PM
Hi,

currently I am building a printer with Megatronics v3 board and it is nearly done. One of the things I would have to add is an LCD (RepRapDiscount Smart Controller). The adapter for the v2 board does not work (it does not fit because of the termistor connectors that get in the way) and I can't find any other adapters for v3 board. Is there any other way to connect the LCD to the board?

Here is the datasheet of the board -
[reprapworld.com]

Thanks!
matija
Re: Megatronics v3 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller
March 20, 2016 10:22AM
So I have been trying to make a scheme of how to connect these two - and this is what I came up with (after some time I stumbled upon this and compared it to my own - it helped a lot - [forums.reprap.org]).

I still do not know how to connect pins 2 and 6 on SDOUT (Megatronics v3). They should connect to pins 4 and 7 on EXP2 (LCD module) but how?

I attached 2 files - one with the scheme and second with pin numbers and their corresponding names with same colors as in the scheme.

Could anyone tell me is this right and how to connect pins 2 and 6 on SDOUT?

Thanks!
matija
Attachments:
open | download - Mega + LCD_pinout Model (1).pdf (437.4 KB)
open | download - Mega + LCD_pinout Model (2).pdf (53 KB)
March 21, 2016 12:42PM
So, update -

Pin 6 on SDOUT (SS) connects to pin 4 on EXP2 (SD_CSEL) - as I can see from ramps board pin D53 is SD_SS which corresponds to the pin 6 (SS) on the megatronics v3 - , and for the pin 7 on EXP2 (SD_DET) - it is stated in marlin (for megatronics v3) that the board does not use the sd card detection.

So that should be it. I will test this as soon as I can.
June 25, 2016 11:31AM
So, it's tested and it works in it's entirety. Automatic SD detaction is not available, but you can refresh the LCD and it will detect a new SD card. So you dont have to use a SD port on the bord, with this setup you can use SD card direct from the LCD. Hope I have helped somebody. Here I will attach a pinout that is final and correct.

Update: the new revision of the Megatronics 3.0 board has the automatic SD card detect so you can connect that too.

Good luck! smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Mega + LCD_pinout.pdf (256.4 KB)
open | download - Mega + LCD_pinout_graphic.pdf (56 KB)
July 18, 2017 03:54PM
Hello, I followed the guide to connect my LCD to megatronics 3, but it's not working.

how should I change marlin?

Thanks !
July 18, 2017 03:54PM
Hello, I followed the guide to connect my LCD to megatronics 3, but it's not working.

how should I change marlin?

Thanks !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login