Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Parts (Phoenix, AZ)

Posted by termhn 
Print Parts (Phoenix, AZ)
October 23, 2010 09:13PM
Hey everyone, I have a question. Is there anyone near Phoenix, AZ that could print some parts for the RepRap I'm planning to build for me? And would there be a fee involved?
Re: Print Parts (Phoenix, AZ)
October 24, 2010 02:30PM
Parts are widely available on ebay for around $225 (includes shipping). See this thread: [forums.reprap.org] (I just checked and there's nothing at the moment, but they 3-6 of them go up for bidding every week.)

Also, you could try the marketplace: [forums.reprap.org]

Or you could see if there's a local hackerspace near you.

--
My blog's Reprap feed: [blog.markbova.com]
I'm currently working on a stock Mendel build with a Seeeduino Mega and four Pololu A4983 stepper controllers.
October 25, 2010 12:26AM
Well thing is I want someone to print custom parts, not get Mendel stuff, as I designed my own printer that will be even more reproducible than Mendel!
October 26, 2010 12:34PM
If the parts are print-ready STL files (already scaled correctly, and printable - no weird overhangs, other issues) then I'm sure you can find people to print them for you. Hell, I'd do it -- but it's not going to be cheap. A regular mendel set takes about 50 hours. How many parts do you anticipate your set being?
October 26, 2010 10:48PM
It would only be 2 parts... The only reason they are needed at all is to mount the makerbot mk4 extruder to my design!
October 28, 2010 01:35AM
There's a Phoenix, AZ hackerspace:

http://www.heatsynclabs.org/

Good people. Tell them I said 'hi'. smiling bouncing smiley

And tell them RepRap's got an open dev mailing list, so they should hop in and lurk. I mean post; since they're developers. smileys with beer

You too, termhn, since you're a dev. What kind of machine are you doing up? A T-Slot machine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2010 01:54AM by SebastienBailard.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
October 28, 2010 11:35AM
Thanks! I'm developing a Cartesian Bot, mainly made out of wood and the stuff that drawers roll on (forgot the name right now and I'm too lazy to look spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) that's based of the design on the page "McWire Successor" I'm hoping will only cost about $350 for the parts AND electronics (I don't think the wood and mechanical parts should cost over $100 and I'm getting the electronics from Makerbot, along with their MK4 extruder.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login