Advanced

buy parts in europe

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
buy parts in europe
November 24, 2007 11:45AM
Hi,

I'm Kurt, i'm new here.
I did help build a reprap (which is not fully working yet) at the foam workshop.
I would like to start building one on my own also.
Now i was wondering if there's a possibility to buy the part from the shop somewhere in Europe aswell?
Is there also a possibility to buy the printed parts or the moulded parts, i've read about?

thanks,

Kurt
VDX
Re: buy parts in europe
November 24, 2007 11:54AM
Hi Kurt,

... i'm waiting too, until the 'english connection' start working and i can order the extruder-parts or some other stuff here ...

If you're from germany, then you can maybe hop into the german RepRap-usergroup and post your status and interests?

It seems actually, that the local groups are a bit of idling ...

Viktor
November 24, 2007 12:25PM
Probably for the best. Do you really want to dig through a bunch of regional forums to see what people have thought up?
Probably best for connecting locally, then watching for new posts, new local reprappers.
In my opinion.
VDX
November 24, 2007 02:08PM
Hi Sean,

... the basic-forum is the very best place, to communicate and interchange ideas - i'm a bit curious about the local groups too, if it would change something or bring a sort of localisation or 'dissolving' in the community?

But maybe it's a try to allow different languages in the local groups, as i know some people, which are interested in the thematics, but didn't speak and understand enough english, to communicate properly ...

Viktor
November 24, 2007 03:23PM
Viktor,

Good point on the differing languages. I often forget that others don't speak english. Kinda ethno-centric of me. Sorry.

Demented
November 24, 2007 03:49PM
That's not going to change unless someone wants to do digest versions of the "best" conversations and forks for their native tongue...or until babelfish gets a lot better.
November 24, 2007 04:07PM
That's gonna be awhile then. On both counts!
VDX
November 24, 2007 04:28PM
Hi Sean,

... after reading all Harry-Potter-books in english and some months reading and posting in the forum i'm merely comfortable with english now winking smiley

On the other side i have some friends in germany, which are on smilar paths with repstrapping and 3D-fabbing, but didn't stick to reprap or fab@home, as they didn't feel comfortable enough.

Maybe a sort of interchanging/translating of good points and ideas can work?

But for me it's to much sort of a fulltime-job, so i think to start a 'local/private'-section, from which i sometimes can transfer information from and to reprap ...

Viktor
November 25, 2007 03:40AM
Vik,

Your friends are very welcome to post their work here; we're interesting in seeing what folk are up to, and are also willing to host friendly not-exactly-reprap-but-still-very-interesting projects. For example Forrest Higgs's machine uses some very different approaches, and so on.

By 'local/private', do you mean in one of the fora here, or elsewhere?
VDX
November 25, 2007 04:57AM
Hi Sebastien,

... i'll do my very best winking smiley

There are some professionals in CNC-milling and enthusiasts, trying to start 3D-fabbing for dental applications and such sort of things, it can stay a while, until they're activated ...

As 'local/private' i meant my private connections, here we interchange per email and PN, i'll set them on the reprap and hope, some would start interfering ...

Viktor
Anonymous User
November 26, 2007 02:18AM
thanks, for the replies.
I think i'll have to be patient a bit more.

I'm from Belgium and apart from the people at fo.am, i don't know of anyone else working on a reprap.
I also am used to working with people using englisch as main language, but i can very good imagine that people would be more comfortable using their own language.

I probably better focus on making the extruder at foam work, than start a different machine at my own.

Kurt
November 26, 2007 02:55AM
Want me to create a forum for Belgium and/or your home town? It's a minute's work, and you might find some neighbors who are interested. You may be able to organize a meetup or find some local suppliers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login