Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps v1.4 moving axis problem

Posted by printingBro 
Ramps v1.4 moving axis problem
April 08, 2016 08:22AM
Just have installed and set up ramps v1.4 for a first time. The problem I have is trying to move axis I get every time, not depending how much I moved the dial (on 1 mm or 20 mm according to screen) axis move to the same really small step. It happens with all of axis. Maybe you guys have some ideas?
Re: Ramps v1.4 moving axis problem
April 09, 2016 04:13AM
install micro stepping jumpers under the driver modules

update your steps/mm settings to match your hardware

Adjust your vref pots to set driver current
April 09, 2016 08:30AM
What version (Release Candidate) are you using of Marlin. I recently uploaded a version and found the same problem. I then went to the Git hub and uploaded the latest RC and all works problem free.
April 09, 2016 08:54AM
You get bizarre movements if the endstops are triggered. Use M119 to check your endstops before moving.
April 10, 2016 04:04AM
Yes, you are absolutely right. Thanks so much. I have fixed end stop issue and now it move better, but still wrong. The direction is ok, but amount is bad. Sometimes it jumps few steps back. You think current adjustment can help with this problem?
April 10, 2016 12:40PM
printingBro
Yes, you are absolutely right. Thanks so much. I have fixed end stop issue and now it move better, but still wrong. The direction is ok, but amount is bad. Sometimes it jumps few steps back. You think current adjustment can help with this problem?

Also check the motor wiring pairs with a multi-meter, (as well as everything Dust listed)

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
April 11, 2016 02:29PM
So, I figured out what was the problem. Jumpers were inserted to 1/16, but chip I have (9488) could not handle that many micro steps. I changed it to 1/8 and now it works good. Thanks to all of you guys smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login