Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermoresistor

Posted by topdrive 
Thermoresistor
April 15, 2016 08:15AM
I have a problem with my Thermoresistor not making contact in the printerhead thus when I start printing it goes into dry run and extruder & heatbed show Def on the printer LCD. If I move it just a little and restart printer everything is good untill I start printing again( might be 1 min or 20 min but it does go into dry run). Is it possible to use thermopaste as used between computer processors and the fans to keep it (thermoresistor) in contact at all times with the printhead? Just wondering if it would work and I would try it but I only have 1 thermoresistor untill the spares I ordered come. Thanks.
Re: Thermoresistor
April 15, 2016 09:33PM
Yes, Z5 works great. How is the thermistor held in place on your hotend? I've taken to taping the wires to the heater wires which are solid in the area close to the hotend.
April 16, 2016 07:51AM
Thanks JamesK
I have tried the tape as it origanaly came taped but the little hole on the hotend seems really big for the small end of the thermoresistor and seems to loose contact so I thought the thermogrease and the tape would keep the contact. Thanks again and I will try the thermopaste in conjuction with tape.
April 17, 2016 01:53AM
I use silicone RTV. It holds the thermistor in and will insulate the wiring preventing shorts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login