Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printer is slow in all axis

Posted by VWbug 
3D Printer is slow in all axis
April 26, 2016 08:44PM
I have a (He 3D - XI3 High Precision NEW prusa I3) I have gotten this as a kit and just got it together. I have it homing in all axis X,Y,and Z. it homes great but when I go to Print it does, but its really , really slow. Its like watching paint dry...lol you can see it printing, it will make a circle the same size as a dime but will take it like 3mins to do it. so it is doing its thing but very slowing. So how to i speed it up...lol

Firmware: Marlin 1.1.0 RC6
Software: Cura 15.04.5
And Repetier-Host V.6.1
Mega 2560 board ( China )
Reprap Ramps 1.4 with red steppers

I have the same results with either Cura and or Repetier-Host software
Re: 3D Printer is slow in all axis
April 26, 2016 11:05PM
Check your printer speed settings in the firmware
April 26, 2016 11:32PM
Think you for your reply,

well i hate to ask but that's why I"m here, How to i go about that....is it in the configuration H. file and what line is it on ??? Sorry I"m a complete nob. I mean i know some and i have read a bunch but I"m still learning. I just tried Pronterface and it home with good speed and then it waited Intel the hot end reached its pre-set temp and then it started towards the center of the print bed , but while it was headed over there the z axis started to go down tell it hit the bed then it stopped,,??? But while it was homing it hit the endstop and it was fine not sure why it started down because it was defensibly hit the end stop but did not stop that time.

And think you for your help
April 27, 2016 12:17AM
If you have If you use Repetier, open it, On the right side you'll see "object placement, slicer,preview and manual control. Click on Slicer tab and then "Configuration". After a few seconds a window will open. These are your print settings. Click on the Settings tab. Under the "Speed" subdirectory check the speeds listed. It should look something like this.

After making changes you have to save using the save icon. Then you need to reslice and print. Good luck and read much.
April 27, 2016 10:24AM
Ok thinks for the info....ill try this as soon as i get home. And ill let you know if it works
April 28, 2016 01:21PM
Wow yep that did it all right ....think you very much its moving pretty good now...!!! Cant belive i over looked that lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login