Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

replacement cable

Posted by rich1812 
replacement cable
May 12, 2016 06:54AM
Hello, the extruder motor cable on my Folger Reprap Prusa i3. one of the 4 wires broke off on the extruder end-the white plug that goes to the motor. Where can I get a replacement?

Thank you
Re: replacement cable
May 12, 2016 07:53AM
I don't know where you'll find a replacement- but if you know someone who is handy with a soldering iron they may be able to fix it.

More importantly, did it break while the printer was operating? If so the broken wire may have destroyed the motor driver module on the controller board If it doesn't operate properly when you replace/repair the cable, power off the machine and swap the driver module with a known good one (pull it from the X or Y axis). If it still doesn't work, your cable repair is at fault, if it does work, the original extruder driver module is bad and needs replacement.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 12, 2016 09:05AM
Yes, I did try to solder the wire to the tiny terminal, Now the problem is when I try to extrude the filament, the extrude motor just goes tic-tac tic-tac and won't take in the filament. I am not sure if the step motor has burnt out or the motor driver died as you said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2016 09:06AM by rich1812.
May 12, 2016 10:56AM
Motors are very hard to burn up. Try swapping in another driver module (with the power off!).

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 13, 2016 02:44AM
Thank you for your replies. I found out that the motor is fine, the motor diver is fine, it is the cable causes the problem as I initially suspected. Thanks to eBay, I bought a lot of 5 cable from China. The hard part now is to wait for its arrival! sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login