Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 Rework (RAMPS 1.+Marlin) doesn't respond confused smiley hot smiley

Posted by xdarko 
Prusa i3 Rework (RAMPS 1.+Marlin) doesn't respond confused smiley hot smiley
June 05, 2016 06:23PM
Hello everybody! smileys with beer I am very confused with my problem so i would be most thankful if anybody would help me as soon as possible so thanks in advance! grinning smiley
I just finished assembling a Prusa i3 rework, electronics: RAMPS 1.4+NEMA 17+NEMA 14(Z AXIS)..., Firmware: Marlin 1.6.6 with an a geared extruder just like in the photo attached . So it works just fine (had some calibrations first and had a little problem with the extrusion configuration so that's another problem that i can deal with later) after i stopped where i can print a bad quality piece i returned the next day to find that my printer doesn't respond to Repetier Host's commands (only the bed can heat up) even though i verified the 12V to every power port...after i keep sending commands i receive the annoying "x commands waiting" eye rolling smiley ...I've changed the transmission speed and even re'uploaded the firmware...i disconnected the Arduino Mega 2560 from RAMPS nd verified its nominal performing and launched a test code to operate one stepper motor...And i replaced my PSU with another ATX just to make sure i give a good power supply .
So again i am really confused about this....what can happen in a night that makes all this mess???! confused smiley please help sad smiley
note: Am suspecting noise from a mess in the wires that can maybe fry some stuff in the board ( worst scenario )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 06:25PM by xdarko.
Attachments:
open | download - 13287872_10208470697038478_845649168_o.jpg (66.6 KB)
Re: Prusa i3 Rework (RAMPS 1.+Marlin) doesn't respond confused smiley hot smiley
June 05, 2016 08:45PM
What's the thermistor readings for the hotend?
Re: Prusa i3 Rework (RAMPS 1.+Marlin) doesn't respond confused smiley hot smiley
June 05, 2016 10:23PM
Just abt the ambient temp, 25 deg C
June 08, 2016 08:27PM
Plug your hotend heat element directly to power supply and see if the thermistor indicates new temperature if no change your heater cartridge is dead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login