Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder problem it's moving weird, please help (Solved)

Posted by MacWoodIsrael 
Re: Extruder problem it's moving weird, please help
December 05, 2010 11:23AM
I use 4 motors NEMA17 - SY42STH47-1684B-1.
I change connection Z because if I connect Z similarly XY, Z is move in other side.
Extruder board use chips to control motor different than XYZ controllers.
If I use in extruder connection similarly XYZ, extruder motor very hot and noisy works.
December 05, 2010 01:30PM
There should be a potentiometer on your extruder controler. Unless you are using G-codes to set pwm, you need to adjust the potentiometer so that the motor and chips stay cool without loosing too much torque. They should run at a little more than room temperature. Running a stepper motor off the extruder controler does tend to be more noisy than using an actual stepper driver. I prefer to use a fourth stepper driver to run the extruder. At some points, it runs so quiet that you might not know the machine was running if you didn't see it moving.

As for the Z-axis, it sounds like you are trying to say that the axis moves backwards? You might find an option in your firmware configuration to reverse this. You can also switch the two pairs of wires so that the coils are swapped. Read the second to last section here for more on wiring the motors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2010 01:35PM by dazed.dnc.
December 09, 2010 04:50AM
I sent the board back to the seller, I hope to get the new board quickly.
Luckily I bought the board from a very nice and reliable seller. smiling smiley
January 26, 2011 06:15PM
I got the new board and everything is working. (-:
One of the A3949 chip cause the problem i think.
I will print very soon. (-:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login