Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fluctuating temperature extruder

Posted by Bierbuik 
Fluctuating temperature extruder
July 18, 2016 02:08PM
Hello,

Recently I bought a kit of a RepRap prusa i3 of Zonestar. But everytime I want to print something, the extruder needs a long time to hit te needed temperature. The temperature does raise fast until it hits 180 ~ 185 degrees. From that moment, the temperature increases sometimes with 1 degree, but it then drops with let's say 0.3 degrees, and so forth. Is this normal with this printing machine, or do I have to do something?

Sander
Re: Fluctuating temperature extruder
July 18, 2016 03:35PM
Hoi Sander,
This is caused by the pid settings.
You can autotune them.
See pid tuningfor explanation.

Groetjes.
July 24, 2016 10:16PM
Two most likely causes the heater cartridge may be loose in the block ie the set screw that holds it in stripped or not tight then the thermistor is not making solid contact with the block some sit in a hole you can also coat both with heat sink grease and silicone thermistor bead into the hole. whether this is your sole problem it will make it head faster and read more accurate

rwt
July 31, 2016 08:44AM
Thanks for your help! I wanted to change the pid setting, but when I connect the printer with my computer (Windows 10), the computer only gives a sound, but the printer software didn't recognise the printer... Do you have a solution for that, maybe?
I'll give a look at the cartridge if the first option fon't work.
And my apologies for my late answer..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login