Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XYCore Aluminium 3D Printer/Mill build

Posted by 8of10 
XYCore Aluminium 3D Printer/Mill build
July 25, 2016 06:36PM
Hi everyone
I just wanted to show a small project that i have been working on , Im still in the building phase , but i think you can see where im going with this.))
Ill be posting new pictures as i go.
As a controller ill be using a Arduino due with a Raspberry Pi running Repetier Server with a touch Screen.
The printer volume is around 300 x 300 x 300mm
All parts i custome built my self , well exept for the liner guides and the ball screw smiling smiley
The goal is to have a interchangeable tool head ( 3D printer / Mill / Laser /and PNP)
All movement X,Y,Z is done with the tool , and the work piece is static.

This was the beginning

Now after 2 long days in the workshop Milling and on the lath

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 07:44PM by 8of10.
Re: XYCore Aluminium 3D Printer/Mill build
July 26, 2016 08:52AM
It looks very solid! I am interested to see how this turns out!
July 26, 2016 12:44PM
Well i was hoping that it should be as solid as a brick Dummy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 26, 2016 01:00PM
So here is some of the electronic bits and pieces .

This is the touch interface for the printer with Repetier Server running on it

And the arduino Due with the stepper driver (DM432C) it will be used for a nema 23 Stepper in the Z axis
just for testing i connected it to the nema 17 60mm witch will be used for the X and the Y

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 01:05PM by 8of10.
July 26, 2016 02:27PM
Just an FYI, I have that the same touch screen for my Raspberry Pi, and clear screen came off in about two weeks. I had to hot glue around the edges where the clear screen attaches. It is normally held on by some kind of Glue but it is not very strong in my opinion. If you mout the display from the metal frame and don't put pressure on the lens you'll be okay. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the screen.
July 26, 2016 02:57PM
Hi BuildAThing
Thank you for the info , ill be mounting it on the back metal frame , but maybe some epoxy would be good around the corners just to keep things together ))
July 28, 2016 03:58PM
So today i was in the work shop doing some work fitting the pulleys to the screw , because the Ball screw was not made for 2 pulleys i had to do
some modifications to it.

now with the pulleys

all the bits and pieces , i also rounded the edges of the ground plat.

these are the adapters that go over the ball screw

Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0914.JPG (105.4 KB)
August 10, 2016 09:50PM
So here is a short update on my progress

Basically the electronics are installed and wired , And nothing blew up when i turned it all on smiling bouncing smiley
I also had to do some kind of bodge board from the radds controller to the stepper controllers because the radds board is 3,3v and the stepper controllers need 5v.

So i went strait in to testing the system , I had to do some modifications in the Repetier Firmware but nothing major .
Now i need some kind of Flexible cable tube for the wires to the carriage.
But im quite happy with the results so fare , it runs nice and quite and no vibrations spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 09:51PM by 8of10.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0944.JPG (114.9 KB)
August 17, 2016 08:09AM
Well done! Is it printing yet?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
August 18, 2016 07:25PM
So now after some testing it works great spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

This is the print head module , i call it that way because you can change the tool head from printer to mill in less than 2 min ))
for the future i want to make a laser head and a pick and place , but now at the moment im happy with the two.

And the pcb on the back side i milled with the same machine

this is the mill adapter ))

The heated bed is only temporary im waiting for the real deal it will be a 300 x 300 mm bed divided in to two sections the outside 300 x 300 with a 200 x 200mm hole and the other is 190 x 190mm

August 20, 2016 08:27AM
Very nice build, any video?

B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login