Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Source of 8mm 1mm pitch single start

Posted by Embed 
Source of 8mm 1mm pitch single start
September 03, 2016 06:03PM
Does anyone know a source for 8mm 1mm pitch single start leadscrews and nuts in the US ? I've looked all over the net .
Re: Source of 8mm 1mm pitch single start
September 04, 2016 04:50AM
A fine thread M8 screw has a 1.25mm pitch, would that work for you?
September 04, 2016 05:53AM
I bought my 8mm dia x 1mm pitch x 1,000mm long through Amazon UK although they came from China. Maybe try the US Amazon site to see if the seller list on there too?
September 04, 2016 02:18PM
I'm using 5/16 threaded rod now. I'm trying to get a little more precision and a better way to mount it with the brass nuts. I looked on the us amazon site but it seems they leave something out of the description every time. They either leave out whether its a multistart or i have seen a lot leave out the pitch all together. So you don't really know what you're getting.
September 04, 2016 03:26PM
I don't know if this will be any help to you but here is a link to the Chinese one I used on the Amazon UK site.[www.amazon.co.uk]. That's for a 600mm length but they sell other lengths too. It shows "by" CNC but "dispatched and sold by" OgryR which is confusing. Both CNC and OgryR seem to have store fonts on Amazon UK. So, maybe if you can find either CNC or OgryR on Amazon US it might give you a lead ? (excuse the pun).
September 06, 2016 04:00PM
Thanks. I looked on amazon and the only thing anyone has is 8mm pitch. I believe that's too aggressive for a z axis.
September 07, 2016 05:05AM
Embed
Thanks. I looked on amazon and the only thing anyone has is 8mm pitch. I believe that's too aggressive for a z axis.
I agree entirely. Sorry I can't help with sourcing in the US. As I said, mine actually came from China so maybe something like AliExpress???
September 14, 2016 03:16PM
couldn't find 1mm pitch but this us eBay seller has 2mm pitch single start lead screws T8X2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2016 03:17PM by tolar250.
September 14, 2016 03:56PM
Embed

That all depends on how you drive the Z axis. I have two 1/2" lead (lead, not pitch) screws in the Z axis in my printer, driven by a single motor. I get perfect layer registration and no Z artifacts at any layer thickness. I have printed at 50 um on a couple occasions. The screws have 42 tooth pulleys and the motor has a 20 tooth pulley, so there's a little more than 2:1 reduction there. It's a standard 200 step/rev motor with 16:1 microstepping.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 17, 2016 07:48PM
I still have some left incl nuts, if you find nothing I can ship from europe.
October 03, 2016 09:56PM
do a web search for ball screws places like thk bearings or thomson skf there are many with precision ground or rolled 6,8,10 etc ball screws that specify pitch diameter etc. The actual pitch you get isn't critical as long as you know what it is you can calibrate the firmware to match and ball screws are much smoother and more precise than threaded rods. I am trying to get some in canada there are many in the us and I have a list of them Thomson actually sells steppers with built in lead screws. You can use acme screws as well made in usa. I am looking for two 8 or 10 mm dia with 300 mm travel for a printer I am building

rwt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login