P.i.n.d.a probe ? Any original mk2 owners care to chime in?
September 19, 2016 04:59PM
Ok so I've been looking into setting up auto bed leveling. I'm trying to figure out how they managed to get inductive sensor to work off a 5v rail without the need for extra components or complex wiring. I've looked up the numbers on the probe sticker and as some of you already know it seems that's more relevant to prusa than the company that manufactured them.

I went as far as trying to ask them directly over the instant chat service but they said that they was not available for purchase except for in a kit.

I asked could you provide me with the part info so I could purchase elsewhere if you do not agree to sell to me. I didn't get a response for a few minutes and then finally I asked hello?

The response was " you will have to email [email protected]" we don't know the part model info" so I've sent the email asking if they would or would not provide the info and I have yet to get a response.

I've seen several post similar to mine with no definitive answer on the topic.
Re: P.i.n.d.a probe ? Any original mk2 owners care to chime in?
September 19, 2016 10:46PM
Don't own one but it is a simple inductive proximity sensor, the secret it's more in the bed than any other thing, if you pay attention the bed is marked as to where the sensor needs to be located for proper function, I assume the bed have some metal inserts that help the detection by the probe.
September 20, 2016 12:26PM
You could try skimming through Thomas Sanladerer's Unboxing and Build. He's usually pretty thorough at describing everything. Here
September 20, 2016 08:42PM
FA-MAS
You could try skimming through Thomas Sanladerer's Unboxing and Build. He's usually pretty thorough at describing everything. Here

Yes I see the bed has simple probe points that are probably just aluminum inserts, Ive already watched all of Tom's videos and im a big fan.

I notice the probe has to get "very" close to the bed that would tell me that since its being powered by 5v from the rambo mini board that it has to get real close to register. I just hope that they offer to sell the bed and the sensor seperate as I don't need the full upgrade kit just the bed and the sensor would be great
September 29, 2016 02:23PM
I have a bed that will work with a pinda sensor. Where can they be purchased from that will run from a ramps 1.4?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login