RepRap Map

Posted by ZachHoeken 
RepRap Map
December 07, 2007 12:10PM
We now have an open / collaborative map up thanks to google: [maps.google.com]
Anonymous User
Re: RepRap Map
December 07, 2007 01:30PM
I've added myself to the map, but it won't save the change. Anyone know how to do it?
December 07, 2007 02:06PM
there are save/done buttons on the right... do those work?
December 07, 2007 02:37PM
It is funny how straight of a line some of the locations make.

Joe McKibben
Anonymous User
December 07, 2007 05:52PM
Joe.McKibben Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is funny how straight of a line some of the
> locations make.
>
> Joe McKibben

Yes, we now have to find someone to make a Reprap in Jackson, MS, and Chattanooga, TN, to keep things in order.

"there are save/done buttons on the right... do those work?"

My buttons were on the left but they don't work right away. It's like watching a shotglass form...it takes a while.
December 07, 2007 06:58PM
Is this just a fun map of everyone on the forums? Or is it only for people actively working on a Reprap/Repstrap?
December 09, 2007 12:37AM
I'm on! Very funny. Apparently I'm the only one on the west coast of the US at this point.

Demented
December 09, 2007 08:54AM
Appears you need a gmail account to add your location, I've got accounts at google.com/a, but apparently that's not the same as gmail. I haven't found a way to add myself yet. Anyone know how to add a google.com/a account? Perhaps someone with a normal gmail account can add me?
December 09, 2007 02:11PM
Jared,

I'll add you if you like. Send me your specifics and I'll put them up. Also, why not get a gmail account? They rock hard!

Demented
December 09, 2007 07:30PM
Great I'm located in 31 Coolidge Street West Newfield ME 04095, is any other info normally included?

About the gmail, I basically have gmail. My e-mail is with google, but my e-mail isn't something@gmail.com. I'm using my own domain and google.com/a/ 's features. I can go to an e-mail web interface that uses the gmail image in the top left corner, just like it does with normal gmail accounts, but it appears that these are different from normal accounts. I've got most of the gmail options, google docs, chat, ect, but I guess I don't have all of it. Perhaps I simply have to figure out how I'm supposed to wave my fingers at it. Don't quite know.
December 11, 2007 01:34AM
Done.

Demented
December 11, 2007 03:05AM
Look at the line created by Bruce Wattendorf in Rhode Island allllllll the way to Vik Olliver in New Zeland!!! Thats crazy!!

Jay
December 11, 2007 03:39AM
I've signed in with my google account but can't see how to enter my location can someone do an idiots guide please as this idiot needs it!

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
December 11, 2007 04:41AM
You should be able to click on edit and then you will get icons on the upper left hand of the map allowing you to add an icon and info on your self.. You can add a shamless plug for bits from bytes and great job Ian. (can you make parts for the older extruder?? version.)

Bruce
December 11, 2007 01:14PM
Excellent thanks for that, yes we do both varieties I will get both on the web later today.

Shames Plug added winking smiley

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
February 18, 2010 07:34PM
Is there an equivilent map for all RepRap dirivitives? Such as a map that includes all Makerbots and Rapman?

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
February 19, 2010 05:43PM
New Makerbot only map.

[maps.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 05:44PM by spacexula.

June 13, 2010 12:54PM
Is anyone else having as hard of time keeping their tab on the map from disapering as I am? I have to put my pin back in every few weeks (I always find it gone).

VDX
June 13, 2010 04:48PM
... after i found my pin floating in atlantic midwater, replaced by someone called 'brain', i lost the interest confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 14, 2010 03:08AM
I have tried five times and it always disappears!
Seems pretty useless to me if you can't add yourself to the map.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
June 14, 2010 12:13PM
My pin have stayed put since May 5th.
But I can't find a way to show all pins at the same time. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have to look between several pages to get the overall picture, I think. Or is there some option I can't find?
June 14, 2010 10:12PM
My pin has stayed put since December of 2007... although I do see several others in mid-ocean locations, which seem unlikely to be valid... perhaps mine is not considered worth vandalizing??

Zooming out (using the scroll wheel of the mouse is the easy way to zoom in and out) lets me see the whole earth at once, which currently shows all pins -- we do not yet have any Reprappers in orbit, or on Mars, as far as I know smiling smiley

Jonathan
June 15, 2010 04:36AM
I have three pages of pins I have to look through... Am I missing an option somewhere?
Attachments:
open | download - reprap_map1.jpg (153.2 KB)
open | download - reprap_map2.jpg (147.1 KB)
open | download - reprap_map3.jpg (140.8 KB)
June 15, 2010 06:54AM
Nudel
I have three pages of pins I have to look through... Am I missing an option somewhere?

No, I was!

My pin has been there all the time, but only on page 2 and 3.
It isn't visible on page 1.

The question is: Why are there 3 pages? eye rolling smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
June 15, 2010 06:57AM
jmarsden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My pin has stayed put since December of 2007...
> although I do see several others in mid-ocean
> locations, which seem unlikely to be valid...
> perhaps mine is not considered worth
> vandalizing??
>
> Zooming out (using the scroll wheel of the mouse
> is the easy way to zoom in and out) lets me see
> the whole earth at once, which currently shows all
> pins -- we do not yet have any Reprappers in
> orbit, or on Mars, as far as I know smiling smiley

Your pin is obviously on Page 1!

You only see the pins for the page selected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 07:21AM by rhmorrison.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
June 15, 2010 07:04AM
It's probably just a limit to how many pins can be shown at the same time.
As I said, kind of defeats (part of) the purpose.
June 15, 2010 07:29AM
If you look at the RepRap Map in Google Earth THEN you see all pins at once! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
VDX
June 15, 2010 08:57AM
... i deleted my pin "Viktor" floating in the Atlantic and set a new one with "VDX", saved, reloaded and found it ... and now it's gone again confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

June 15, 2010 09:28AM
If you deleted your old pin and added a new pin then the new pin is probably on Page 3, wheras the old one was probably page 1!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
VDX
June 15, 2010 09:34AM
... nope, the pin was shown after reloading on page1, now i scanned all pages and its not there confused smiley

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login