Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

techzone laser build Qs

Posted by anode505 
techzone laser build Qs
January 18, 2011 05:09PM
I have most of the mechanical built (my lord are there a LOT of nuts and bolts!)

It came with 5 springs, where do they go? Saw a pic of a modded frog plate with springs (I think)

Just playing with the electronics. Whats the flash sequence? I've seen the red flash 2 slow then one quick, and also steady flash. (not counting the boot up flashing)

As-is the nozzle tip is only about 3mm below the carriage; seems a little tight.
Re: techzone laser build Qs
January 20, 2011 07:14PM
hey
i have just finished building this kit
the 5 springs are 4 for the corners of the bed and one for the z axis opto. if thats unclear let me know and i'll try to be a little clearer.
being honest i cant remember the flash rate mine was before i updated the software but im pretty sure the flashes at the start are just arduino booting up and starting the firmware.
my nozzle is prob about 1/2 cm from th bottom of the carrage, maybe try screwing in the oak a little less?
if it clashes with the bed you might have a problem but nothing should be above the nozzle anyways, though you might have to countersink your bed screws.
let me know if i can be of any help
thnx
brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login