Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power and software issues

Posted by rangerrod 
Power and software issues
October 13, 2016 01:18PM
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased the 2016-Upgraded-Full-Quality-High-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3D-Printer-ABS-PLA from ebay. The problem that I am encountering is that when I try to install the Cura_DGO_14.07.01 version I keep getting a error launching installer message. I am using windows 7 professional. Also, when I turn on the printer the only thing that lights up is the power switch. Is that normal or should the led panel light up as well? I have rechecked all of the connections and made sure the power supply is set at 110. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - s-l64.jpg (2.3 KB)
Re: Power and software issues
October 14, 2016 08:13AM
A quick google of " Cura_DGO_14.07.01" gave a link to the manual [www.pioneerx.co.uk]

Posting the installer error message would help find the cause with launching the software.

As with power setting it should be set to your counties requirements UK is 240v and the US is 110v, which as you have mentioned that one. I would say it correct and that you are in US.

Using a voltmeter check the output of your PSU, be careful not to touch the AC side (110v) you should most likely have 12v output.
Then check you are getting voltage at the boards connections.

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
October 14, 2016 08:44AM
Thanks for your input. I will take a look at the website you provided. The error message that I get is "error launching installer".
October 14, 2016 08:59AM
rangerrod
Thanks for your input. I will take a look at the website you provided. The error message that I get is "error launching installer".

It's more of the manual (a PDF) that I linked to. Error message not much to go on. The exe file could be corrupted and you OS might need some updates as this sometimes not have the right updates inside your OS causes an error like this. Have you had problems with other software installers?

You can get Cura software (same software they linked to but not same version) [ultimaker.com] The page will select the right version for your OS. Set it up for a RepRap and it should provide control and slicing that you need to bring a 3D model into a physical object upon your printer.
They are older versions available here [ultimaker.com]

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login