Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3 Steel plans

Posted by gonadgranny 
Prusa I3 Steel plans
October 14, 2016 06:06AM
Hi there all. I have been considering building a Prusa I3 steel and have been searching the web for files to send to a laser cutter but they all have little gaps or offset curves making the software (understandably so) refuse the plans. Does anyone have an uncorrupted file please? I've included a picture to show what i mean. Thanks,
danny
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 11.05.37.png (7 KB)
Re: Prusa I3 Steel plans
October 14, 2016 09:29AM
Not sure where you got your files so I'd start you off here:

[reprap.org]
October 31, 2016 12:42PM
On e-Bay you can purchase P3Steel Prusa I3 frames by themselves or with just rods or the whole printer. Just search "P3Steel". This is usually a lot cheaper than sending plans to somebody to laser-cut from plans. On e-Bay I have used Orballo Printing (Spain [very fast turnaround]), Pilvytis (Lithuania), and Printo3d (Poland [used slow shipping, but I did get it]). I had no problems with any of these companies and their work was good.

I am have ordered another frame from m.rut3d a couple weeks ago. They are doing some custom work for me, so I am expecting that they will take a little longer.

If you are intent on downloading the files and sending them to a cutter, you can find more information at [reprap.org] . You can also find original cad files on www.thingiverse.com . Just search P3Steel.

I have four P3Steel printers running and will have a fifth one soon. These frames are especially sturdy and give me very good prints.

To reduce vibration further, I recommend a lighter Y-carriage plate, such as one made out of aluminum, rather than the steel one supplied with these kits.

I hope this helps,

Stuart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2016 01:30PM by Lymphomaniac1.
November 08, 2016 06:10AM
I can vouch too, when these plans were in early release I think I got the entire steel kit for about 50 quid. They even chucked in a bag of haribo which turned into a molten mess but still yummy. How much are the laser places charging you out of interest?
November 08, 2016 10:53AM
I'm working on a p3steel. I got my frame off of eBay. It was painted black and included the smooth and threaded rods. Quality is excellent and it is extremely sturdy. Was very surprised, not sure why, at how heavy it is. Can't wait for the rest of my parts to arrive so I can finish it. Didn't know anything about p3steel until I started looking for aluminum i3 frames.
November 15, 2016 08:32PM
Just an update. I received my v4 p3steel from m.rut3d. Everything looks good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login