Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

European source of cast aluminum tooling plate

Posted by Amoniak 
European source of cast aluminum tooling plate
October 17, 2016 06:59AM
Hi,

I hope some know where to get cast aluminum tooling plate (like MIC 6 or equal) in EU.
It seems very difficult to find a source in Europe…
Only thing I found which has been mentioned here before is EcoCast from [www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk], but from what I can see they do not deliver outside of UK….

Thanks.
Re: European source of cast aluminum tooling plate
October 17, 2016 10:45AM
see [www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk] in particular point 4 which suggests that they will ship outside the UK but that you may be liable for import taxes.

Certainly dropping them an Email to check?

Doug
October 20, 2016 05:44AM
dougal1957
see [www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk] in particular point 4 which suggests that they will ship outside the UK but that you may be liable for import taxes.

Certainly dropping them an Email to check?

Doug

Yes I saw that too, certainly I will e-mail them.
But since I tried both registrering and ordering as guest, in both ways delivery outside of UK was not an option.
October 20, 2016 06:22AM
You could try Aalco.
[www.aalco.co.uk]

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
JTa
October 21, 2016 04:48PM
If you need it for heated bed I recommend this: [clever3d.de]

They make PEI coated plates. I got 2 custom sized plates from them for my printers and they work just perfectly. Plates are flat and ABS/PLA/PETG stick like ever before and when the bed cools down the parts just float of. No more hassle with glues or tapes or hairsprays or whatnot. thumbs up
October 21, 2016 05:12PM
JTa

They make PEI coated plates. I got 2 custom sized plates from them for my printers and they work just perfectly. Plates are flat and ABS/PLA/PETG stick like ever before and when the bed cools down the parts just float of. No more hassle with glues or tapes or hairsprays or whatnot. thumbs up

The black version works great with my IR Z probes too.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 25, 2016 06:45AM
JTa

This is an awesome tip, thanks!!
With the PEI, both sides are coated. Are they using some kind of "dip" method to apply the PEI?
Certainly I will ask the by mail also
November 02, 2016 09:07AM
There are some e-bay sellers in Germany that send in the EU as well. Here is one :

e-bay

But the PEI coated beds are quite appealing.
November 02, 2016 09:15AM
Amoniak

With the PEI, both sides are coated. Are they using some kind of "dip" method to apply the PEI?

They dissolve PEI granules in Dichloromethane and than spray it onto the Aluminium sheets and let it dry. I don't know all the details, but I know that Dichloromethane is really nasty stuff, so you have to work with serious protection gear and not inhale it.
November 14, 2016 05:49AM
Ah ok, that explain it.

I wonder though how it will affect heating of the build plate?

If you have a coat of PEI between the heater and ALU plate?

I guess the intent is because you then can swap sides on your plate if one side gets warn.
But if you anyway need to glue a silicone heater on one side its kinda useless for both sides to be coated?
March 10, 2021 03:44AM
Another option for obtaining aluminium tooling plates online is Aluminyumburada [www.aluminyumburada.com]

They are based in Turkey, but perhaps they could be of use to companies in eastern europe. I'm not sure how the EU border will affect prices. Probably worth it to just contact them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login