Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin configuration.h

Posted by instmkr 
Marlin configuration.h
October 20, 2016 03:51PM
Would someone using fff 3d printer with Ramps 1.4, 2560 mega and endstops at X/Y/Z max, please share their marlin configuration.h? (for comparison/troubleshooting)
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2016 04:00PM by instmkr.
Re: Marlin configuration.h
October 20, 2016 05:53PM
whats the trouble? / why not start with a new default config?
October 20, 2016 06:00PM
Have you run calibration?

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
October 20, 2016 06:49PM
Looking at the configuration.h you posted befoer, I notice you don't have any pullup resistors enabled.
Allso I am not sure what effect setting x y min too -155 would have.

attached is my configuration.h I use with x y z max endstops
I set the port number to 0 like in your previous config file,
if your motors go the wrong direction then turn off power to the ramps and revers the motor plug.
use the motion control on the ramps display to check motor direction,

if you use repetier host make sure you have 'home' x y z set to max in the printer settings/printer shape menu
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (53.1 KB)
October 20, 2016 08:29PM
obewan
Are you using a Z probe or bed leveling with that setup?
Was thinking the endstops I purchased already had pullups (3 wires on a board w/led indicator)
From your configure.h
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG
I am using MAX connectors on ramps board. and in config, Is this incorrect?
Video of the printer behavior to follow. Thanks
October 20, 2016 08:44PM
Thanks for input. Video shows printer behavior.
Can't see the display in vid but XYZ home at 150.
After heating the bed drops to 5. Extruder finally heats and "print" starts around 3:40.
Before i mangled it the previous iteration of configuration.h had everything working correctly except a 5mm gap off the bed in Z.
The 5mm (exactly) quirk is in the video also.

[youtu.be]

current configuration.h
[pastebin.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 07:49AM by instmkr.
October 20, 2016 09:57PM
>>>"Have you run calibration?"

I ran the ramps test, esteps. Is there another calibration to run?
October 21, 2016 12:13AM
PID auto tune.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 21, 2016 07:53AM
Hi
With my setup i was useing microswitch endstops for all axis, the 3rd wire (red) seems to be just for the led on the endstop, not as a pullup .
If your machine is useing a probe sensor for setting the Z0, should it connected to the Zmin plug rather than the zmax in your config?
It seems strange tat in your video, the bed hunts for Z0 and the travells to Zmax to wait to print.
October 21, 2016 09:28AM
obewan, I wired the endstops to XYZ MIN_PLUG and changed config to use MIN now everything is backwards (As before).
Zprobe and bed leveling are left at the default in my config.h.

Were you using min AND max endstops, six mechanical endstops total?
If ur using only 3 endstops are they physically located at X right side, Y printer back and Z top? (facing printer front)
Many Thanks
October 21, 2016 11:13AM
3 mechanical endstops
Xmin Ymin Zmax (got fed up with Z travelling to max each time i did a print, so then changed to Zmin)
with
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1 // change to -1 if you use Zmin

get the printer to home in the correct direction using the printers control panel 1st
then set the repetier printer config to get that to home in the correct direction
October 21, 2016 05:45PM
Changing the Z_HOME_DIR helped
But couldn't get close to a real print using MIN_PLUGs.
Endstops now connected to MAX_PLUGs with this [pastebin.com] config Is very close.
During the print homing XYZ is fine but Z (table) stays on zero while XY printing. The printer display is also stuck on Z zero.
However, RepHost shows the bed position moving Z during that print, starting from 5mm, not zero.

Unless anyone has fresh ideas i'm going to let this thread rest. Thanks to all.
October 21, 2016 06:25PM
Yup, you need to invert your z direction: invert z direction = true (or false - whichever one it isn't at the moment). The reason your z axis isn't working is because the direction is towards the endstop, and as it's already at the endstop the logic stops it moving.
Hope that helps,
Dave
October 21, 2016 07:29PM
gbr1918
Inverted the Z stepper but now Z endstop ineffective in home direction.

Does this look normal? From same configure.h
// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS -150
#define X_MAX_POS 150
#define Y_MAX_POS 150
#define Z_MAX_POS 0

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 07:30PM by instmkr.
October 22, 2016 04:24AM
Ok, you should plug the z endstop into the other location in the RAMPS board: if it's currently in z min then it needs to go into z max or vice versa. The way the endstop wiring goes on the RAMPS board (from memory, so this isn't very reliable!) is x min, xmax, y min, y max, z min, z max with the z max closest to the end of the pcb. After that, do you need to edit the config.h again? I kind of feel like you don't, but maybe you need to set ENDSTOP_Z_MAX_INVERTING the other way. (Obviously if you just moved the connector into the z min connector that'll be ENDSTOP_Z_MIN.......)

I did all this when I noticed that I was printing mirror images of my drawings: I print engineering parts and they all have an axis of symmetry so it didn't matter until I tried printing a screw thread and it came out left-handed! eye rolling smiley

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 04:36AM by gbr1918.
October 22, 2016 10:09AM
Dave
With Z stepper reversed as above I moved the z endstop plug to Zmin on ramps and tested. Print homed correctly but bed travels max away from endstop/extruder as in earlier video (Z endstop still ineffective). Then I set ENDSTOP_Z_MAX_INVERTING, this enabled the Z endstop but video issue prevailed.

Will be incommunicado until Sunday afternoon EST US. Thanks for assistance and looking forward to your analysis.
Stuart
October 22, 2016 10:28AM
in my way of thinking your bed moving up and down is no different to other printers where the bed stays at same lvl and the X gantry moves up-down,
there for you should set Z zero when the bed is touching the extruder and Zmax will be when the bed is at its lowest point(+150 or +200 etc).
if your Z endstop is at the top of the printer near the extruder then this will be at Z min (are you useing a switch or a probe tor Z lvl )?
October 22, 2016 12:33PM
Ha, just watched the video! Looks like the nozzle to bed distance is a bit big! I'm with Obewan - Where is the z switch, top or bottom?
Dave

(Apologies for not reading the whole thread in the first place - I just saw that 'z axis not moving' bit, thought 'Yeah, that's familiar' and dived in....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 12:40PM by gbr1918.
October 24, 2016 01:23PM
Gentlemen, The issue is resolved. Imagining the extruder lifting vs my table dropping finally cracked the bonehead. Z-plug -min-endstop indeed.
Thanks much, Stuart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2016 03:06PM by instmkr.
October 24, 2016 05:18PM
Glad we finally cracked itsmileys with beer

Happy printing ahead.
October 25, 2016 05:05PM
Now there are many pauses during a print, seemingly just before and after a travel move. Thanks in advance.

[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login