Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a new j-hotend

Posted by adenton 
Need a new j-hotend
January 12, 2017 07:29PM
Hello,

I am looking for a new j-hotend that already has the heating elements installed for my RepRap I2. I want to print 1.75mm PLA so I will probably something with a nozzle diameter between 0.3mm and 0.4mm. I was looking at this one, [www.lulzbot.com], but it seems to be for 3.0mm filament however when I contacted the company they said it has been done successfully before but it may not be as reliable as when using 3.0 filament. I don't know why that would be.

If you could provide links j-hotends available for purchase that you would recommend, that would be great.

Thanks.
Re: Need a new j-hotend
January 12, 2017 07:58PM
I have been using the hexagon hotend on my Prusa i3 builds. Comes in 1.75mm and .4 nozzle

In Canada:
[www.marginallyclever.com]

or:
[www.reprapdiscount.com]

Probably available in many other places

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
January 12, 2017 08:41PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I see that they are sold out of the first product that you linked. However, like I said, I am ideally looking for a product that is already assembled. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to check them out.
January 13, 2017 08:09AM
E3D V6 all the way

E3D V6 fully assembled
January 15, 2017 02:09PM
SteveRoy
I have been using the hexagon hotend on my Prusa i3 builds. Comes in 1.75mm and .4 nozzle

How?
Mine just clogs up and jams all the time.
What PLA and what setting do you use?
January 15, 2017 08:33PM
I have a 40mm fan blowing across the fins.
I use MG Chemicals or filaments.ca PLA. Temp at 185c usually, sometimes 190c.

With the hackspace i3 I built there have been 2 clogs/jams in about 2 years.
With my new build I did have to re-tighten the throat to nozzle as PLA was leaking from it. Seems OK after that.
I also clean the slots/grooves in the hobbed bolt on a regular basis as I find the 1.75mm filament tends to build up in it more than the 3mm hobbed bolt in my old setup - the hobbing is a lot finer than the old 3mm hobbed bolt. I just use the end of my tweezers to clean out the slots.

Steve
January 28, 2017 08:09PM
Prometheus V2. Stainless nozzle, short body. Has been awesome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login