Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there anyway to make my print quality worse? Not a troll.

Posted by zastin17 
Is there anyway to make my print quality worse? Not a troll.
January 19, 2017 11:34PM
So this is probably the strangest question ever asked since the beginning of reprap, But is there anyway to make print quality worse? I am going to build a reprap v2 mendel. And I wan't it to be as close as possible to what it would of looked like in the early days. Back then, print quality would of looked like this: Is there anyway to do this? I know I can set the layer height allot higher, But I want it to look as authentic to the time as possible.
Re: Is there anyway to make my print quality worse? Not a troll.
January 19, 2017 11:50PM
Set speed too high = extrusion problems
Undertemp = extrusion problems
Don't tighten all the screws on the Mendel = play = bad prints

But I don't think you're doing it right. Rather than build an otherwise good machine and make print quality worse, build a printer out of scraps, without a good rigid frame. That would give you a genuinely bad printing experience.
January 19, 2017 11:57PM
Use a dc extruder

Use a skeinforge vs slic3r or other modern slicers (so many parameters it almost imposable to get right)

use crappy printed pulleys (adds random irregularities) and maybe use the old T5 belts too

use 1/2 stepping at most

(just reversing all the main improvements over the years)
January 19, 2017 11:57PM
I wan't to print the mendel parts bad because they usually looked bad for the time period. I am making a mendel because it was the 2nd beginning of reprap history. Not to get quality prints. I mean, The hotend is a drilled out threaded screw. How awesome is thatsmiling smiley And to clarify I mean the Reprap parts for building a mendel. I wan't to build an actual original mendel. But I want the printed parts for it to look like Darwin printed them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 12:23AM by zastin17.
VDX
January 20, 2017 03:01AM
... drill the bore of your nozzle to an opening of 0.5 mm ... my first "CNC-RepStrap" used a nozzle with 0.8mm bore, "hammered" to smaller sizes of first 0.5mm, then 0.3mm, then "reopened" it again to o.4mm ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 20, 2017 12:27PM
" Back then, print quality would of looked like this: "pic at the top" thats a print before calibration, mendels was as good then as printers are today in printing objects,

I thought I could dribble but lets have some linear to your dribble first there came the huxley based on an A frame design ,then a small group of early reprappers advanced to the mendel, then came josph prusa with a goal to simplify the design hence the prusa mendel i2, and the orignal J head appeared and the i2 took off. J Prusa went of and gave the world the prusa i3 while the mendel advanced to the tri mendel. but at no time did folks build a mendel to produce crap looking prints.

where/when was this 2nd beginning either, reprap gone from strength to strength since the start in it's mission to disseminate information so others can build there own machines,

you really wanna understand the history of reprap read these books just read them eye popping smiley

once you done with the past break the mendel up build a hypercube and enjoy faster printing, can find it on thingiverse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 12:34PM by jinx.
February 02, 2017 10:08AM
To get the effect like the top of the glass, underextrude and use a single shell with no infill or solid top layers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login