Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Discount LCD Encoder Problem

Posted by drmaestro 
Reprap Discount LCD Encoder Problem
February 05, 2017 03:26AM
Hi,

I am using Reprap Discount's LCD monitor (a Chinese clone probably) and I am really unhappy how the rotary encoder works. It is almost impossible to choose an exact value as it tends to change when you press the bouton. The worst case is when I try to move the Z axis at the end of a print, where sometimes it spontaneously goes to a negative value while pressing the move Z axis button, crashing the nozzle to the bed or the object. Is there a version with a better and high resolution encoder?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 03:27AM by drmaestro.
Re: Reprap Discount LCD Encoder Problem
February 05, 2017 06:18AM
I would say it could be firmware related.

What firmware and control board are you using?

Also have a watch of this, jump to about 3 1/2 minuets in try adding the code. This is for the full graphic but should work for the discount as well if typed under the discount section in the firmware

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Reprap Discount LCD Encoder Problem
February 05, 2017 07:22AM
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I use the latest RCBugfix of Marlin on A RAMPS 1.4 board. I know all about the encoder settings there and tried to change the steps before. That can of course help for the spontaneous value changes, but it makes the encoder less responsive, as it requires more rotation to register as a step. What I need is a better encoder, like the volume knob of an amplificator, which changes values smoothly.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login