Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen7 2.0 Endstops

Posted by hglaeser 
Gen7 2.0 Endstops
February 11, 2017 08:08PM
Hi, I'm having a few issues with the endstops randomly triggering on my Gen7 2.0. I've configured them as per the mechanical endstops page on the wiki, but they're randomly triggering, or if I set the internal pull ups flag, then they're permanently triggered. Assuming I should be using normally closed switches, would shielded cables be the best next step? Thanks
Re: Gen7 2.0 Endstops
February 12, 2017 07:48PM
Try increasing the number of steps in this part of the firmware

/** \def ENDSTOP_STEPS
Number of steps to run into the endstops intentionally. As endstops trigger
false alarm sometimes, Teacup debounces them by counting a number of
consecutive positives.

Use 4 or less for reliable endstops, 8 or even more for flaky ones.

Valid range: 1...255.
*/
#define ENDSTOP_STEPS 8
February 25, 2017 02:39PM
Can't you simply disable them outside of homing sequence?
February 27, 2017 08:35AM
hglaeser
I set the internal pull ups flag, then they're permanently triggered.
Using the pulldown flag instead of pullup flag should solve this issue. AVRs have no internal pulldown, but the LPC1114 does.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 21, 2017 03:38AM
Apologies for the very late reply, I was moving house and only just got set up again. I tried both the pulldowns and increasing the number of steps, even beyond 8 and neither appear to help, even a combination of both. The endstops seem to be completely random. Disabling them outside the homing sequence isn't really an option as they're not even consistent enough to complete it. Any other ideas? The suggestions so far have been much appreciated smiling smiley
March 21, 2017 07:47PM
Sorry for the crappy advise above. Using shielded cable, twisting or even braiding your cables is always good practice. I think there was a topic about wire management on this forum a while back. I've heard of people using stranded 22awg shielded cat5 cable for motor and limit switch wiring.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login