Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New here,Prusa I3 printer, problems with one side.

Posted by evincar 
New here,Prusa I3 printer, problems with one side.
February 19, 2017 11:24PM
Hi there, I´m a new user in the group and new in the world of 3d printing.

I have problem with my printer, a Prusa I3 Pro B Geeetech, for some background info, I buy it last year, wanted to use for hobby and maybe for some work, I work as contractor and some times I have death times ( nothing to do ) depending of the kind of job, the printer worked finen then after I returned form travel for my job, I checked the throat was not working well, part of the PLA was flowing from the union of the throat and the heating block and the nozzle was blocked too, checking the parts, the throat was broken, now the nozzle and throat are replaced, the throat is a little larger than the original also changed the gear inside the extruder, so I repeat the process to level the bed and the nozzle, everything looks ok, but when I print anything, always one side of the project is bad, no matter if I rotate the project, change the place in the bed or change the position, always the same side( left ide looking the printer from the front ) of the project is bad.

Any sugestions? the configuration is ok, bed level and nozzle is ok, the pieces are new, someone with the same problem? what I´m missing? is there something I didn´t check?

Thanks in advance.
Re: New here,Prusa I3 printer, problems with one side.
February 20, 2017 02:18AM
What is bad? bad doesn't describe much.

Please take a pic and post here and we will try to help you out.

You can also refer to the simplify3D troubleshooting page to help diagnose the issue. You dont need to be using the simplify3D for the troubleshooting guide to work, It has pitches of the most common printing issues and suggests settings to change to fix them.

Link: [www.simplify3d.com]
February 20, 2017 05:18AM
Ball park guess, you have insufficient part cooling

Do you have a fan on one side and thats the side that is good?

If so lower your hot end temp a little, and potentially add more part cooling (needed for PLA)
February 20, 2017 06:35AM
Yep, I second insufficient cooling.
Before adding a dedicated fan for the print, I would also get one side of my prints looking mediocre. I am not sure why. It might be that one side of the print got some small amount of cooling indirectly from the hot-end fan and the other did not. But when I added a dedicated fan to cool the print directly the problem disappeared. (Of course, cooling the print is not recommended for ABS).
February 23, 2017 03:35AM
Sorry, was busy, here are the pics, the first one is from one project ( paste pusher and toothbrush holder ) just to take te pics and show the problem, as you can see, the left side is not printing well, I made 2 test, one with the default settings and the other with the ones given in the project.

Here is the proyect with default settings.

And this one is with the recommended settings, by the way I canceled before finishing.it, if you ask for the unfinished top.

And here are other projects, a part of a Pokeball and a some pieces of a Chun li figure, all printed before I change the pieces ( the throat, nozzle and gear ), so you can see the diference on the printing, by the way, there where some of my first projects.

As you can see in the pics, the left side of the project is printing wrong, I don´t have any fan on that side, only the one that is in the extruder, I´ll try the advice, hope to be free tomorrow to do it, any other sugestion now that you can see the problem in the pics?
February 23, 2017 06:01AM
Im going to say you have more than one problem. To me it looks like over extrusion, an uneven bed and maybe printing too hot or not enough cooling
February 23, 2017 10:06AM
scottybfg
Im going to say you have more than one problem. To me it looks like over extrusion, an uneven bed and maybe printing too hot or not enough cooling

I'll add that the printer isn't level on both z-axis or properly calibrated any more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login