Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend goes down

Posted by tobig11 
Hotend goes down
February 24, 2017 12:31PM
My printer is Prusa i3. I have been using it for about 3 years. What it is doing now is printing the firs layer good then printing the second layer halfway through it the hot end will drop down and wipe out the first layer.

Arduinp IDE
Marlin f firmware
Re: Hotend goes down
February 24, 2017 01:09PM
First step would be to verify the gCode is correct. Walk through the code to see if the drop is there. You can search using "Z" to find each change in height.
February 26, 2017 08:00AM
I tried the original g code for slice. It hade a few things different then the one I was using. This time it got 2 layers printer good then on the third layer the hot end did not move up. What now?
February 26, 2017 09:52AM
Does the z carriage move correctly when commanded manually? What controller software are you using?

You need to decide if the Z carriage is moving because it was commanded to move, in which case the problem is with your slicer.

If it moved without the command to do so you have a controller hardware problem.
February 26, 2017 12:13PM
is it possible a grub screw come loose in the coupling?
February 28, 2017 06:49AM
I checked everything out it all seems ok .I feel it my be the stepper motor driver. I just ordered new drivers They should be here by the end of the week. If that not it I guess I will have to change the board.
March 08, 2017 08:40AM
Have you tried removing the filament and running the printer to see how it will after the 2nd and 3rd layer.

Are you sure your stepper driver is set with the right amperage? They are supposed to be set at 50 percent when you get them. Or try swapping them around?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login