TMC2100 VREF adjustment issue
February 25, 2017 03:02PM
I am using TMC2100 clones, and they are working OK. Every now and then I get a skip on the X axis. When I try to adjust the VREF, the voltage climbs smoothly until about .8vdc. Then it jumps to 1.8vdc. I can't adjust the drivers to any point in between, on either of the TMC2100s.

Am I doing something wrong or should I just order the Watterott genuine articles?
Re: TMC2100 VREF adjustment issue
February 26, 2017 02:26AM
AFAIK Watterott only sells the old V1.0 version while eg. Robotdigg offers a V1.2 version ( white PCB with potmeter on the other side ).
I have 6 of the V1.2 TMCs and they are fully adjustable. Maybe your's have a different potmeter value? Mine read ~15kOhm.
February 28, 2017 08:24AM
Why do you think that Watterott sells an old version?
All original SilentStepSticks have the potentiometer on the bottom side to have more space for the heat sink.
The problems with the clones is, that there are no information/schematics available.
[www.facebook.com]
February 28, 2017 09:41AM
I doubt, there isn't enough room for heatsink on the clones. The reason to put the potmeter on the same side as the chip is probably cost reduction because the manufacturer doesn't have to place parts on both sides. ( tricky stuff, I've done it professionally )

We are currently investigating the pro's and con's of the TMC drivers here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2017 09:46AM by o_lampe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login