Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps shield in kit wrong one?

Posted by Wildlyfe 
Ramps shield in kit wrong one?
February 27, 2017 04:37PM
I am putting together my first 3d printer, and it has gone fairly well, until now. I am at the point where I am connecting the RAMPS board to the power supply. The problem is, the RAMPS board power connector does not look like the one in the manual or videos. It doesn't look like the one on the board sold in the Reprapguru store, nor have I found this particular board and connector anywhere on the internet. I am attaching photos. One photo shows the piece that according to the manual and videos, is supposed to fit into the connector on the board. There is no way those 2 pieces fit together. I'd rather not just guess how to connect the wires. Did I get the wrong board by chance? New board design? Any help would be appreciated.

Stephani
Re: Ramps shield in kit wrong one?
February 27, 2017 07:02PM
The supplier of your ramps in an effort to save $$ has used a different socket to normal.

The wiring is identical to what you would have used on the power plug.
March 01, 2017 04:01AM
Your Supplier gave you a better RAMPS Board.

Because the detachable Socket might - in some cases - have bad conductivity, and so get burned when heating up heatbed.
With your fixed connector this is not going to happen.
March 05, 2017 03:59PM
It is not the connectivity of the RAMPS board that causes the connector to burn up. It is the amount of current flowing through a connector that wasn't made for it. If the new connector is not rated for the amount of current it takes to heat a heat bed then it too will melt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login