Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

exstruder problem

Posted by woody1940 
exstruder problem
April 14, 2017 11:22AM
my prusa i3 was working fine yesterday now the exstruder is not putting out enough filiment it just leaves wads sometimes and sometimes it puts some out when printing. What is wrong the printer is only 1 month old I have printed many great items then it just stopped. Thank you for any help
Re: exstruder problem
April 14, 2017 02:47PM
Is your fan working?
April 14, 2017 06:26PM
Does filament extrude manually?
April 25, 2017 10:11PM
Are you using craftware slicer?
April 26, 2017 03:18AM
you able to remove the filament ?
is it possible you turned the printer off while the hotend still hot, heatcreep took hold! ,you know if you cant remove the filament.
check the idler on extruder still gripping the filament.
you change any slicer setting?
is the hobbed bolt stripping filament you hear some form of clicking from the extruder.
April 26, 2017 03:11PM
You haven't given us enough information to really assess your problem. Do you know what a hobbed bolt is? Have you ever hand fed filament?

I bought a new TV and it just stopped working......What do you think the problem is?
April 27, 2017 08:00AM
cwaa
You haven't given us enough information to really assess your problem. Do you know what a hobbed bolt is? Have you ever hand fed filament?

I bought a new TV and it just stopped working......What do you think the problem is?

It's broken! smiling smiley
April 27, 2017 08:13AM
it's FUBAR'd
April 27, 2017 02:14PM
Got it on the first try.
May 07, 2017 07:51PM
Strip down the extruder and clean the drive gear, use an old toothbrush, check the tension between the drive gear and filament by getting a piece of filament about 100mm long and feed through to the extruder gear, when you have fed it through, hold the extuder gear with your fingers, the filament should be very hard to pull from the extruder.
Put it all back together and heat the hotend and try extruding some filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login