Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printing a larger printer (MP Select Mini)

Posted by Fruity_Grebbles 
3D Printing a larger printer (MP Select Mini)
April 16, 2017 02:44PM
Hello all,
I've got a Monoprice Select Mini and a bunch of threaded rod. I was hoping to build the frame featured here: [project3d.tk], but found the Mini's build area was too small to print the required parts.

Anyone have recommendations for printers I can make RepRap-style on my MP Select Mini? Threaded-rod based frames would be preferred at this point, but I'm open to ideas.

Thanks!
Re: 3D Printing a larger printer (MP Select Mini)
April 16, 2017 11:57PM
Work out what you can print

See if what you can not print is easily cut into more than one piece, abs part can be joined easily with acetone, and it also only has to hold long enough to print replacement parts on new printer.

Beg for parts you can't print from here... or find a local makerspace type place that you can get them from.
3d printers are almost everywhere these days (I'm waiting for the day McDonalds stars asking, do you want a 3d printer with that)

Or use a 3d printing service...

One thing you might want to do is let us know what area are you in, see if anyone local can help.
Some people print stuff as long as you help out others later on. ie Pay it forward type of stuff.
Some will happily print for beer..
April 17, 2017 11:45AM
April 19, 2017 01:49AM
Parts for the HyperCube all look printable

[youtu.be]

[www.thingiverse.com]

I don't suppose you're running smoothieware on the mini? I need a config file.
April 19, 2017 07:57PM
DeltaDavey
Parts for the HyperCube all look printable

[youtu.be]

[www.thingiverse.com]

I don't suppose you're running smoothieware on the mini? I need a config file.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm not currently running the smoothieware firmware, sorry.
April 20, 2017 08:36AM
Dust
Work out what you can print

See if what you can not print is easily cut into more than one piece, abs part can be joined easily with acetone, and it also only has to hold long enough to print replacement parts on new printer.

Beg for parts you can't print from here... or find a local makerspace type place that you can get them from.
3d printers are almost everywhere these days (I'm waiting for the day McDonalds stars asking, do you want a 3d printer with that)

Or use a 3d printing service...

One thing you might want to do is let us know what area are you in, see if anyone local can help.
Some people print stuff as long as you help out others later on. ie Pay it forward type of stuff.
Some will happily print for beer..

I can advice 3D hubs, mostly hobbyist who are happy to help u with design issues and print for a much lower price than the print shops do. I had all my parts for my first 3D printer printed by a guy that turned out to live a couple of blocks away. U can upload your parts and than selected an 3D print hubs within a certain range and find the lowest cost, the best rating or even a combination of both.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login