Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops Problem - Blow Fuse?

Posted by EgglezosK 
Endstops Problem - Blow Fuse?
July 25, 2017 09:29AM
Greetings guys I'm new here and I found very interesting issues that solved by this forum. I'm making a 3D printer and I have some issues. Everything is working as
except for endstops. Yesterday i put the cable upside down and burn something?

As I read in this (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?219,218186) article I burned the D1 or D2 diode or the 12v regulator of the arduino?

Is that a problem to continue my printer? With a wired usb cable, they do everything right.

How do I need to wire my endstops to work? When i am pressing autohome the steppers turn a little bit clockwise and then stops.

I've been searching for three days and I have not found anything.

I am using:

Mech Endstops 1.2
Ramps 1.4
Arduino Mega
Marlin 1.1.x

Bellow i will attach my configuration.h file.

Thank in advance,
Egglezos K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2017 09:36AM by EgglezosK.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (59.3 KB)
Re: Endstops Problem - Blow Fuse?
July 25, 2017 06:35PM
Am afraid your search skills must be terrible, this is one of the most common issue and there a 100's of posts about it on this forum alone.

1) putting mechanical endstops in backwards will destroy the 5v voltage regulator of the mega, nearly every time.

The endstop switches simply short 2 pins together, Signal and Ground, but when you reverse the plug you it connects +5volts to GND and the voltage regulator over heats and fries itself.

2) the printer will work fine if 5v is powered over USB, but there are some things to be aware of.
If the voltage regulator is not totally dead, it could cause you problems with putting random voltages on the 5volt rail.
It is best to remove D1 (the one under the pololu driver) so that the mega doesn't get any power from the RAMPS.
Also if your power things from a laptop, some laptops like to power off the USB when not is use, so it not a good power source.

3) How do I need to wire my endstops to work? you need to identify where you endstops are on the machine, you need to identify what axis move and which don't (in relation to the hotend), and you need all your axis moving in the correct direction. You then set the configuration.h to match the hardware you have.
Also M119 is your friend. [reprap.org] its shows you what the controller thinks is the current endstop status.

In your configuration .h you have
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
So the endstops should be at the minimum position of each axis.
On a standard I3 type machine (ie where the hot end moves left/right and up and down and the bed moves front/back) the endstops need to be on the left, at the back and the down position.
Movement should be
X- moves the head left, X+ moves the head right
Y- moves the bed back, Y+ moves the bed forward
Z- moves the head down, Z+ moves the head up.

these are different for different types of machines...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2017 06:46PM by Dust.
July 25, 2017 06:46PM
Thank you for your answer. It seems to fix it when i comment this line of code at my configuration.h file:

#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors.

Also sorry i have one more question, i set my steps/mm at 80 for X and Y and there is no move. and get it on 10 and its working fine. Is that problem?

Thanks
July 25, 2017 06:48PM
Did you install micro stepping jumpers under the pololu modules?

There should be 3 jumpers under each module to enable 1/16 micro stepping (or 1/32, depends on your stepper driver)
July 25, 2017 06:56PM
no if you mean the blue pins in the image who attach below i have it blank. What can i do ? I must cable that? and then it will working well at 80 / 80 / 2056 steps // mm ?

[domoticx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2017 06:57PM by EgglezosK.
July 25, 2017 06:59PM
Yes the area in the blue on your picture. Needs 3 jumpers as pictured below

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2017 07:00PM by Dust.
July 25, 2017 07:04PM
Amazing ill try tommorow morning ( Greece grinning smiley ) and i let you know for the results.

Really thank for your help.
July 26, 2017 09:19AM
Hello, i just setup the jumpers and the steps for X and Y seems to work fine. But in the Z have issues. Can you help me please? Below i attach a link with a video to understand the problem.

[www.dropbox.com]

Thanks
July 26, 2017 04:30PM
your Z max feedrate is set too high in the line below
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 300, 300, 5, 25 }
change the 5 to a 2 and re upload firmware.
July 26, 2017 06:19PM
it seems to working fine now. Really thanks i am amazed by your knowllege.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login