Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home axis readout shift after G28

Posted by jvquix 
Home axis readout shift after G28
September 13, 2017 07:55AM
Hi, Can someone help me figure out why after G28 my home displayed axes go from X=0, Y=0 to X=100, Y=100. For testing I set my probe offsets to 0. I am in the process of trying to set up the BL Touch on my RepRapGuru I3 and had to update my Marlin. Previously after my G28 command the axes would display as X=0, Y=0. I've attached my config h. file as a word document, if there is an easier/more convenient way of attaching files please let me know. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now.
Attachments:
open | download - ifndef CONFIGURATION.docx (29.4 KB)
Re: Home axis readout shift after G28
September 13, 2017 08:39AM
You have enabled

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING // This feature is meant to avoid Z homing with probe outside the bed area.
// When defined, it will:
// - Allow Z homing only after X and Y homing AND stepper drivers still enabled
// - If stepper drivers timeout, it will need X and Y homing again before Z homing
// - Position the probe in a defined XY point before Z Homing when homing all axis (G28)
// - Block Z homing only when the probe is outside bed area.

#ifdef Z_SAFE_HOMING

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT (X_MAX_LENGTH/2) // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT (Y_MAX_LENGTH/2) // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)

#endif

To turn off Hash out // #define Z_SAFE_HOMING
September 13, 2017 09:49AM
Thanks Robert_Cliff. Made the changes and It stays at X=0,Y=0 after G28.
Now i'm trying to figure out why my BLTouch sensor doesn't stop my Z movement (continues and crashes the bed) after I use the G28.
September 13, 2017 11:52AM
I would recommend keeping Z safe homing enabled to avoid any possibility of the printer trying to Home Z with your bltouch outside the bed.
September 13, 2017 12:10PM
Your current version of Marlin does not have BLTOUGH integrated, What version of marlin are you trying to use.

I do not know how to do BLTOUCH without "#define BLTOUCH"

Hope someone else is watching that can help answer your question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 12:13PM by Roberts_Clif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login