Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Calculator

Posted by degroof 
RepRap Calculator
December 31, 2007 01:42PM
This weekend, I was doing a lot of measurements and calculations. Things like, if I run this length of 3mm filament in and get that length out, what's the extrusion diameter. I got tired of scribbling stuff down or using a spreadsheet, so I wrote a calculator in JavaScript. I've put a cleaned up version here: [degroof.googlepages.com]

It's split into three sections but the common information carries downward.

Example 1: The RP parts for Darwin are roughly 1000cc. You enter that and it tells you how much filament you'll use. Scroll down and enter .6mm as the extrusion diameter and it'll tell you the length of the extrusion. Scroll down and enter 10mm/s as the extrusion speed and it'll tell you total extrusion time.

Example 2: You've just put together your extruder and you've run 500mm into it. It took 12 minutes and you got 6000mm of extruded material. Enter those numbers in the appropriate spots and it'll tell you the volume, extrusion diameter and extrusion speed.
Re: RepRap Calculator
December 31, 2007 01:49PM
I'm not too familiar with the host software, but does it have a printing-time estimator? If not, something like this would be a great thing to incorporate.
December 31, 2007 02:08PM
Nice work. I am amazed to find my little 8cl test shapes have 40m of filament wrapped up inside them

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
December 31, 2007 03:09PM
Very nice. I've been wondering how long printing a darwin would take. Very handy.

Demented
December 31, 2007 05:46PM
Just noticed that it didn't work with IE. Fixed now.
December 31, 2007 09:22PM
Wow, this is a great too, answers many of my initial questions.
January 01, 2008 10:25AM
Great Work! Now it just needs to be downloadable

Jay
January 01, 2008 11:17AM
All the calcs are done in a single html file, so you could just save the page to your local drive.
January 01, 2008 11:23AM
Yea that worked great! Now I just need to build a frame so that my extruder will make more than just a glorified blob.

Jay
April 17, 2011 07:14AM
The calculator is offline now. Did it move to somewhere else ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login