Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

y motors move faster the the y motors

Posted by hichamom 
y motors move faster the the y motors
May 24, 2018 10:39AM
hi guys i hope you doing great i have a problem with the motors speed ..... the y axis move faster the the x axis
i give them the same speed ....i tried to swap the driver and the jumpers and still the same problem
Re: y motors move faster the the y motors
May 24, 2018 07:31PM
The accelerations are probably set differently, although it's usually the Y axis with a lower acceleration not the X. That or different pulley diameters causing different linear travel speeds for the same RPM. What problem is this causing?
May 24, 2018 08:17PM
Trakyan
The accelerations are probably set differently, although it's usually the Y axis with a lower acceleration not the X. That or different pulley diameters causing different linear travel speeds for the same RPM. What problem is this causing?
First thanks for the reply Trakyan
I use the same pulley size and the acceleration is the default one I didn't change it at all I don't know what's going on
May 25, 2018 01:56AM
Maybe the microstep jumpers aren't registered from the controller? Bad contact or cold solder/cracked PCB traces?
What if you swap XY-stepper connectors? Or use E0 and Z-ports for a change.
May 25, 2018 06:35PM
The default accelerations are usually different, especially on an i3. Is this causing print problems or just an observation?
May 25, 2018 11:07PM
Trakyan
The default accelerations are usually different, especially on an i3. Is this causing print problems or just an observation?
i didn't print any thing yet but when i tried to set home to the x stepper its works fine but for the y stepper it didn't work till i lower the speed and the federate a lot
May 25, 2018 11:14PM
o_lampe
Maybe the microstep jumpers aren't registered from the controller? Bad contact or cold solder/cracked PCB traces?
What if you swap XY-stepper connectors? Or use E0 and Z-ports for a change.
yes o_lampe i tried to swap the x y connectors and the same problem
iam thinking to use the e1 ports as the y but i don't know how
i have an other ramps board but iam afraid to use it because with that board i shorted an old arduino mega would it be okay to use that board or no
what id i remove the diode ?

thanks a lot for your help guys
May 25, 2018 11:16PM
Check to see if movement on your y axis is smooth and the rails aren't binding or have excess friction, that could be a problem.
May 25, 2018 11:23PM
Trakyan
Check to see if movement on your y axis is smooth and the rails aren't binding or have excess friction, that could be a problem.
all things are good
how i can use the e1 port for the y stepper would that be possible ?
+ i have an old ramps board ... i shorted it and the old arduino gone ..would be it safe to use it again with the arduino and test if there is a problem with the PCB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login