Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help building an adapter for RepRapPro Mendel 3 -> Duet 2

Posted by Stevie-O 
Need help building an adapter for RepRapPro Mendel 3 -> Duet 2
June 02, 2018 05:39PM
We have an old RepRapPro Mendel 3 (Tricolour). The Duet 0.6 board it came with recently suffered a failure, and we purchased a Duet 2 Wifi (v1.02) to replace it.

I'm running into two problems:

1. In the original RepRapPro design, the thermistors and heater elements were connected next to each other, while the Duet 2 board has them much further apart.

2. The original RepRapPro design used the same connector type for the thermistors as for the heaters, while the Duet 2 board uses a Phoenix connector.

I'm confident that we can build a suitable adapter, but I don't know what the type of connector is called, in order to find appropriate parts on Mouser/Digikey, and with RepRapPro gone, I can't find a BOM anywhere.
Re: Need help building an adapter for RepRapPro Mendel 3 -> Duet 2
June 03, 2018 02:48AM
Can you cut off the old connectors and crimp on the ones supplied with the Duet? Or would that leave the cables too short? If you can do basic soldering, you could extend the cables a little, using heatshrink sleeving to cover the joints.

The connectors on the old cables will be either black Dupont-style or white Molex KK style. I haven't seen cable-end plugs for either type, only cable-end sockets and PCB plugs.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login