Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod V1 rebuild

Posted by madmob 
Ormerod V1 rebuild
July 15, 2018 04:07PM
Hi All

Been away for a few years, trying to get my Ormerod up again...
Running into all sorts, would appreciate some guidance.

Got some old downloads for firmware and www interface. Unsure of the version of either the software or the hardware, but was under the very first RS models.
Spending lots of time on the internets, but lots of conflicting information, hence I decided to come to the forum.

A few questions if you dont mind:
'reprappro.com' not able to get the original build docs?
Which version of the Firmware, and web interface should be used, please note no modifications as yet. I have DC's IR sensor I think... :-), oh and where could it be found.

Progress:
Currently got the printer built from memory..
Bed mdf badly warped, would be looking into some other solution for this.
All axis and heaters responding to Pronterface.
Trying to get the y-axis compensation set up, no luck.

Currently not able to run G32, pronterface responds with a stack dump as below. Following this guide I found ormerod_autolevel_calibration

SENDING:G32 [ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed [ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.')) [ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.')) [ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.')) [ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.')) [ERROR] Disconnecting after 4 failed writes. Disconnected.

Also no luck connecting to the printer via network, did update the sys file with proper IP, but no joy.

Any help or guidance please.

Thanks
Madmob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2018 04:11PM by madmob.
Re: Ormerod V1 rebuild
July 16, 2018 02:40AM
Perhaps you should ask on the Ormerod section of this forum, or the forum at duet3d.com?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2018 02:43AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Ormerod V1 rebuild
July 16, 2018 11:37AM
Hi DC

Soory for this, dont know what I was thinking...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login