Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS PLUS 2 and E1 socket problem (K200 Delta, but related to the PCB , not printer)

Posted by tc1967uk 
Hi

Total 3D printing newbie here, apoloies in advance if my terminology is wrong.

I have a dual head K200 delta printer with a heated bed which I put together 8 months ago, but gave up due to frustration of the following error in Repetier:

temp sensor defect marked defect
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter set into dry run mode until restart!

I've tried again today, and all 3 thermistors (and the spare) work fine, but socket E1 on the BT7200 V1.8.26 RAMPS PLUS 2 is giving me -20oC readings no matter which thermistor I put in.

Even though I’ve tried to tell it there’s only 1 extruder (in Printer Settings), the display right at the bottom of Repetier still thinks there’s 2.

Today I've emailed the seller and the company I bought it *through*, to see if they can help.

In the meantime - is there any way to make Repetier believe that I only have 1 extruder, or change things so that I can use the heated bed socket for the other extruder instead and just try to make due without the heatbed for now?

Hope you can help.
Re: RAMPS PLUS 2 and E1 socket problem (K200 Delta, but related to the PCB , not printer)
July 27, 2018 08:49AM
This is your machine [reprap.org] ?

With links to firmware [reprap.org]

Wich shows several models

k200_dual_bed -a.rar looks like dual extruder with heated bed

You download this file, and take a look at the configuration.h

a few lines down you see #define NUM_EXTRUDER 2 change this to a 1 and recompile and upload

[www.repetier.com]

Cant see anything that wold break e1 in the configuration, I suspect its a hardware issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2018 08:53AM by Dust.
Well, the -20C is what you get when the controller sees an open circuit on the thermistor, so that means that your E1 thermistor is not plugged into the correct pins om the mainboard, The mainboard is damaged or defective for the thermistor pins, or the wire between the mainboard and the thermistor has a break in it. Alternately, the firmware may be compiled to look somewhere else for the second thermistor. I would think this unlikely.

As mentioned above, you will have to recompile the firmware to tell the printer that there is only the 1 extruder. I'm no expert in Repetier, most of my experience is with Marlin.

I don't know what steps you have gone to to diagnose the hardware., or what controller board you have. information there, and pictures of how you have it wired would be helpful.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
Re: RAMPS PLUS 2 and E1 socket problem (K200 Delta, but related to the PCB , not printer)
July 27, 2018 10:40AM
Its easy enough to diagnose

find a screen in your software that shows current E0 temperature (ie room temp)
Unplug the thermistor cable from E0 plug on the controller, the temp will drop to zero ish or -ve.
Unplug in the thermistor cable from E1 and move it into E0. what does the temperature for E0 now read on the screen? back to room temperature? If so the cable for E1 and its thermistor is ok the issue is the Controller or firmware.

If E0 still reads wrong you have a broken cable or thermistor,

Now swap the correct thermistor back into E0 before you forget.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2018 10:47AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login