Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Pro Tricolor

Posted by maxgirouard 
Mendel Pro Tricolor
August 12, 2018 09:19PM
About 5 years ago, I built this kit and it was working great. Then, I moved and put the printer on a shelf, moved again, and now I want to start using it. Too much has happened and now I don't have the computer that was driving it. When I power it up, my new computer, Win 10, does not recognize the printer. Plus, I'm not sure all the wires are in the right place. Considering how much has changed, should I just keep the hardware and replace the controller and drive boards?
Re: Mendel Pro Tricolor
August 28, 2018 05:54AM
I got same model and wondered same questions. For now, I have mine packaged in a cardboard box, as I had troubles with it last time I used it 2 years ago. It lately came back on interest as I recompiled latest version of Marlin 1.1.x for it, but I have no space to install at home sad smiley
I'm interested if you find some more info on a way to recycle it. cool smiley

Reprappro Tricolour Mendel / Alpes-Maritimes [06] (FRANCE) - 06530 PEYMEINADE
August 28, 2018 08:53AM
I had one too but have since sold it. It uses the Duet 06 board - the first generation plus an expansion shield for the additional stepper drivers.

Someone managed to scrape or re-create all the web pages that showed the assembly and commissioning instructions but I can't find a link to it. It's out there somewhere....

It might be worth posting a question on the Duet forums. RepRap firmware is still going strong. That is what all the Duet boards run although latest versions probably won't run on an 06 but earlier firmware versions will. I'm fairly sure it was on those forums that I saw a link to the original RepRapPro build and commissioning instructions.

[somei3deas.wordpress.com]
[www.youtube.com]
September 19, 2018 04:33PM
Do you mean this page?
[reprap.org]
September 19, 2018 04:55PM
Which version do you have: the original one, which I think used 2 Melzi controller boards, or the later one that uses a Duet?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login