Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Ramps 1.6?

Posted by Jeepsteve 
New Ramps 1.6?
August 21, 2018 09:38AM
New to the 3D world but we own a Folgertech and are rebuilding a CubeX Pro Duo for my sons high school. The printer had died and it is one of three that are too cost prohibitive to keep as they are. We are converting the carcass over to a RepRap set up after gutting the original. its going well and fairly simple so far. However, we purchased all new electronics from Amazon. This is what we purchased...

BIQU Mega2560 Control Board + LCD 12864 Graphic Smart Display Controller Module + Ramps 1.4 Mega Shield+A4988 Stepstick Stepper Motor Driver with Heat Sink for 3D Printer Arduino Reprap. [www.amazon.com]π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1526252344&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_4&sr=8-4

When the Ramps board came in, the back says its a 1.6 and I've looked around online and it does have the Mosfets directly on the board. My question is regarding Marlin. We are getting ready to upload Marlin 1.1.9 but there doesn't seem to be much support info for the 'new' Ramps board. Can we simply go with the 1.4 and it should still work the same? There have been a few modifications to this board including the power block terminals. The pins are soldered sloppy and are slightly bent... not a big deal but I'd like to know if anyone else has used this board. What do we need to be prepared for?

red is what we ordered, blue is what we got....

Thanks if this is too newb....

Steve
Attachments:
open | download - 61pY1EoLWkL._SL1000_.jpg (78.2 KB)
open | download - Ramps 1.6.jpg (62.8 KB)
Re: New Ramps 1.6?
August 21, 2018 10:22AM
its just a china clone of a ramps 1,4, they increase the number so gullible people will buy it....

set firmware to standard ramps 1,.4
Re: New Ramps 1.6?
August 21, 2018 10:30AM
we thought it was weird. the package advertised on Amazon was a 1.4 and looked right. oh well.
thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login