Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aluminium cast tooling plate

Posted by Govahnator 
Aluminium cast tooling plate
October 05, 2018 09:51AM
Hi Folks!

I am trying to source an Aluminium cast tooling plate in Europe and having a hard time.
Some places in the UK offer them at a fair price, but they don't ship abroad, Belgium for this instance.

Found what i am looking for at [clever3d.de], but 100 € for a 400x400x8mm plate is to much imo. (will be used with a 220v 750w silicone heater BTW)

Other addresses offer only larger plate's, with a tolerance in straightness of 0.4mm which doesn't seem right for a cast and then milled plate, as the US MIC6 tolerance is +-0.125mm. I also found rolled plates with a tolerance of 0.4mm which are cheaper..

Does anyone have a good adress? Also not sure what straightness tolerance is acceptable for 3d printing on such a large plate.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 10:03AM by Govahnator.
Re: Aluminium cast tooling plate
October 06, 2018 02:06AM
I found an interesting price brake in 6mm tooling plate. It is cheaper than 5mm and 8mm stuff. Then find a vendor on the bay, which sells cutoffs as_is and cut it yourself.
October 10, 2018 05:50PM
Thanks for your reply O_lampe!

]Update:

Found a supplier! Here is the link incase anyone else in Europe needs such a plate, sure was hard to find:

[shop.bohrers.de]

They sell plates from the company Gleich, they call their cast alu tooling plate : G.AL C250 EN AW 5083.

I contacted multiple Belgian companies but they only sold to companies and were expensive.

(Decided to go with 340x340x6mm plate)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 08:53AM by Govahnator.
February 12, 2021 04:22PM
Govahnator
trying to source an Aluminium cast tooling plate in Europe and having a hard time.
Some places in the UK offer them at a fair price,
Cheers

Can you please say which ones? As living in uk and would like to know. Rather than have to order from de and pay extra in shipping going the other way! Many thanks.
February 13, 2021 02:33AM
See Ecocast at [www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 11, 2021 04:31AM
I would also check out [www.aluminyumburada.com]

They have pre-cut aluminium cast tooling plates. But you can also make a custom order. It might be interesting to check out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login