Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone Nearby

Posted by tony woollacott 
Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 03:33AM
I live in Ashford Kent UK, and would be very greatful if I could get together with someone who has a working RepRap, so that they could guide and advise me on the setting up and tuning etc. of this great little machine.
I have got the boards setup and connected to the steppers, and I have got my RepStrap 80% built. I have tried looking for the required information on the wiki site, but to be quite honest I find it draining. I know that most, if not all, the information is in there somewhere, but it wears me out trying to access it.
Is there anybody out there?smileys with beer
Re: Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 07:32AM
I have always wondered if there was a map of working Reprap owners. If not that would be a great idea.
Re: Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 07:58AM
reprap.org => Community Portal => RepRap World Map


Bob Morrison
W├Ârth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 10:01AM
sarahsliefie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have always wondered if there was a map of
> working Reprap owners. If not that would be a
> great idea.

"Working Reprap owners" -Not sure if they are all working!, but the map is great, it's just a shame we don't meet up a bit more in the UK...


[richrap.blogspot.com]
Re: Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 03:15PM
tony woollacott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Ashford Kent UK, and would be very
> greatful if I could get together with someone who
> has a working RepRap, so that they could guide and
> advise me on the setting up and tuning etc. of
> this great little machine.
> I have got the boards setup and connected to the
> steppers, and I have got my RepStrap 80% built. I
> have tried looking for the required information on
> the wiki site, but to be quite honest I find it
> draining. I know that most, if not all, the
> information is in there somewhere, but it wears me
> out trying to access it.
> Is there anybody out there?smileys with beer

Sorry, I used to live near Ashford actually from Brabourne Lees but I moved to New Zealand in 2001. What software are you going to be using and will you be using Windows, Linux or Mac? I have built a Sells Mendel this year and have it working very well with Gen6 electronics, Repsnapper and Skeinforge 41. Have a look at the Skeinforge thread here and also the Skeinforge thread on here Mendel parts as there is plenty of excellent information in these threads


__________________________________________________________________________
Experimenting in 3D in New Zealand
Re: Anyone Nearby
May 19, 2011 09:51PM
I have tried looking for the required information on the wiki site, but to be quite honest I find it draining. I know that most, if not all, the information is in there somewhere, but it wears me out trying to access it.

sad smiley

Our documentation is an organic process, I'm afraid. As you get going building your machine, please polish the wiki a bit for the next guy, eh?


-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Madbutsane
Re: Anyone Nearby
June 04, 2011 07:30AM
Hi all

Does anyone know of any owners in the south wales area.

Also I think it would be time to create a step by step HD video for online use at some point. It would be many hours long but upclose and personal. I have the equipment but not the 3d printer. So if you are from south wales or a company that produces these units I will offer my services. IT looks like many people find it frustrating to setup.. maybe a nice 1080p precise quality video will do the job :0)




NelsonRap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tony woollacott Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I live in Ashford Kent UK, and would be very
> > greatful if I could get together with someone
> who
> > has a working RepRap, so that they could guide
> and
> > advise me on the setting up and tuning etc. of
> > this great little machine.
> > I have got the boards setup and connected to
> the
> > steppers, and I have got my RepStrap 80% built.
> I
> > have tried looking for the required information
> on
> > the wiki site, but to be quite honest I find it
> > draining. I know that most, if not all, the
> > information is in there somewhere, but it wears
> me
> > out trying to access it.
> > Is there anybody out there?smileys with beer
>
> Sorry, I used to live near Ashford actually from
> Brabourne Lees but I moved to New Zealand in 2001.
> What software are you going to be using and will
> you be using Windows, Linux or Mac? I have built a
> Sells Mendel this year and have it working very
> well with Gen6 electronics, Repsnapper and
> Skeinforge 41. Have a look at the Skeinforge
> thread here and also the Skeinforge thread on here
> Mendel parts as there is plenty of excellent
> information in these threads
Re: Anyone Nearby
June 05, 2011 07:13AM
Sorry, I also used to live near Ashford in Kent too. I'm now 240 miles north west of you.

I have seen many new problems here that I remember seeing an answer for in the forum threads, but try as hard as i can I cant re-locate the thread.

I think a whole new section is needed in the WIKI some thing like an FAQ just for the accumulation of the most usefull user Posts / threads or Tips taken from the many many usefull posts on the forum.


Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it


My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Re: Anyone Nearby
June 06, 2011 04:40AM
The idea of a DVD sounds wonderful, If only I could help I know it would make life very easy for newbies like me. Please let me know if it ever happens.
Re: Anyone Nearby
June 12, 2011 01:28AM
I don't think there is anybody anywhere near me. I live in Burnham-on-Crouch.

It would be cool if there was a club or something a bit more structured to organise development and share improvements as well as help people.


Make your Mendel twice as accurate.
[www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login