Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with thermistor temperatures

Posted by shimonchick 
Issues with thermistor temperatures
January 31, 2019 07:34AM
Hello.
So I am running a printer with ramps 1.4 / Mega using Marlin firmware.
Im using NTC3950 thermistors for both the hotend and the bed and have them set up with option 5 in Marlin.
The thermistors show wrong values at room temperature(~20 celcius).
The hotend thermistor shows 35 and the bed thermistor shows 10.
They both heat up, but the actual temperature is probably different than the one shown since the initial temperature is incorrect.
I tested the thermistors using a multimeter and their values were correct according to their resistance charts ( ~110k at room temp)
I beleive that the problem is with the ramps shield or the mega board, but I do not know how to test them.
What should the internal resistance of the T0 and T1 pins be?
Can a wrong resistance/ leaky capacitor divide the voltage in an unexpected way that gives me higher/lower values than expected ?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Issues with thermistor temperatures
January 31, 2019 10:52AM
Either the thermistors are faulty, or (most likely) they are not the entry that you should use in Marlin.
Looking at configuration.h says that #5 is a Semitec 104GT-2, not a NTC3950, so that is probably your problem.
Numbers 11 and 13 in the sensor table specifically calls out the 3950, try those and see what you get.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login