Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet board upgrade

Posted by SoundsDigital 
Anet board upgrade
May 16, 2019 01:51AM
I have a CTC i3 clone with an Anet board. Having made a few upgrades, (bed levelling, replaced lead screws, added mosfets etc) I have been hoping to activate the advanced pause and nozzle park features to enable me to change filaments part way through a print. Unfortunately the Atmega 1284 on the Anet board is really struggling for memory and crashes when I compile the firmware.

Has anyone (successfully) removed the Atmega 1284 and fitted an Atmega 2560? I'm guessing the best way to fo this would be to remove the processor from an Arduino Mega as that would have the bootloader on already, then program telling Arduino IDE the board is an Arduino Mega.

Anyone managed it?
Re: Anet board upgrade
May 16, 2019 02:21AM
Putting a bootloader on a atmega 2560 is trivial...

anet board has 44 pin chip.... atmega 2560 only comes in 100 pin... you can't just "bung it on"
May 16, 2019 02:38AM
Ahh hadn't realised the pins were different on the chip itself, I thought when I read the pins on the Anet were different it just meant the pin allocation was different. Another brilliant idea that went wrong. I have successfully replaced the processor on Woodpecker CNC boards with those taken from an Arduino Namo clone successfully. Thought this would be a similar task.
May 16, 2019 02:48AM
if they had used the 100 pin version of the 1284p, it probably would have worked
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login