Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I3 clone all kinds of trouble. confused smiley

Posted by jhansx 
I3 clone all kinds of trouble. confused smiley
May 17, 2019 10:22PM
Hi all. I am embarrassed to say I have had this printer a year and have had ab out 4 good prints. Fought and fought and finally gave up. Originally it was a CMY3D Chinese clone of a Troxny clone of an I3. I scrapped the board and built it basically from scratch with a Keystudio Ramps 1.4 board. I have mosfets for the board and hot end and a Arduino Mega 2560 as the microcontroller. I have a reprap discount full graphic smart controller for interface and use a Win 10 PC with Repiter to drive the show. I have a capcitative bed sensor for levelling (sensor works and is read correctly by board)
Sob sob, I cant get it to level or do anything except move motors a bit. They are directionally correct.
Does anyone have a Configuration.h file for an I3 clone that I could at least start with.
I am trying to come from a vanilla Marlin 1.1.9 and must have missed some simple but critical uncommenting.
I can't find anyone who does this online for money but would gladly pay for the help. I am so frustrated and disheartened. I know I can make this work but lack the basic understanding.
I am a retired MD so am not a complete idiot.
Any help would be appreciated.
So far this forum has given me more useful info than anyplace else so here I is.

Thanks in advance. I can attach my current attempt at a configuration.h if it would be easier for you Mavens to helo me with some edits.
Jeff KG7TXI
jhansx@gmail.com

PS:
I attached my current configuration.h file and two shots of the frankenprinter. Yes I actually now where all the wires are going and they are right. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 10:57PM by jhansx.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
open | download - 20190517_204757.jpg (923.1 KB)
Re: I3 clone all kinds of trouble. confused smiley
May 18, 2019 09:15AM
Took a look at your code the only lines that stood out were, You had enabled Bi-Linear bed leveling and set no boundaries.

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
//#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE
//#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (X_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)
//#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE
//#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION (Y_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)

Looking closer I see another line, the lead-screw appears to be a T8-8 would not expect to see 5120.
your line
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 400, 400, 5120, 100 }
My Remark
// Z Axis 3200, / 1.25mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /1.25 = 2560 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)
// Z Axis 3200, / 8m pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /8 = 400 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)
// Z Axis 3200, / 2mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /2 = 1600 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)

Your 3D Printer appears to be HIctop 3DP08
My 3D Printer Before ` look almost like your TronXY Clone only I have a extruded aluminum frame.

After

All my Firmware is posted Here, however I gave up on Marlin 1.1.9 and only used Marlin 1.1.9BF
I have notes in the Firmware of my changes for Proximity sensors an filament run-out sensors ect...
[drive.google.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 09:32AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 18, 2019 03:49PM
Cant upload photos or the video of what is happening, system says too large,
Thank you so much for your help, your time, and your willingness to share.
May 18, 2019 04:04PM
413 Request Entity Too Large
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

is what I get trying to UL vid of my prob
May 18, 2019 09:09PM
All 3D printers are not the same even though they appear to look very similar, Your 3D Printer can use the Marlin 1.1.9BF if we configure it.

I posted some things I believed were inconsistent in the firmware configuration.h file with what I saw in the Photo.
To correct the firmware we can determine what the Stepper jumper settings are on you ramps under the Stepper drivers modules and What drivers modules you are using.
I believe that you have a T8-8 lead Screw, This means that if you turn the lead screw 360 degrees ('one complete revolution') it should raise the Nozzle 8mm higher that is was.
Then we need to determine what Proximity sensor you have ect... slowly but surely we can get it to work if you want.

May 19, 2019 10:27AM
First, Thank you for casting a ray of hope.
The lead screw has an OD of 8.02 (avg of 3) on my digital caliper. It is hard to measure nozzle movement but the blocks can be measured and 360 deg raises (or lowers) the block 8.2 mm (avg of 5). My drivers are DVR8825, theoretically capable of 1/32 step. I have all jumpers in on the main board and so should have 1/32. Using the Prusa calculator and given 8 tooth pulleys with 2 mm pitch and 2 mm pitch belt I get 400 for x and y if I use 1.8 deg (200 per rev) or 800 if I use 0.9 deg (400 per rev). I am not sure how to get the stepper capability, I know they are Troxny NEMA 17 steppers on both axes A review of one of the suppliers of the GIMAX motor reveals that they can be either 1.8 or 0.9.
One nagging question is that in a review of the Keystudio Ramps 1.4 controller board mention was made that the stepper jumpers were fused to lock out 1/32 stepping and only 1/16 was available. I am not sure. I do know that the carriage position and the indicated position on Reptier and the LCD agree better with each other with the 400 step setting.
As to the Z axis using the calculator again, given 0.9 deg, 8mm/rev, 1/32 steps and 1:1 gearing, I get 1600. This seems to operate the Z axis ok.
The biggest problem is getting the sensor to stop on the plate for homing the Z axis. I use a metal spatula to emulate an extension of the bed in the area the sensor stops at but it is inconsistent. If I can find a way to direct the sensor for probing then I think I can get this Frankenprinter to work.
Thanks ever so much for your help.
Be safe.
Jeff KG7TXI
May 19, 2019 06:08PM
Maybe there will be some time for you to help me again tomorrow. I spent all day on it again. Got it to UL the program but had to fool around with boundaries to get the UL. it homed all axes but when I tried a G29 it said "? (L,R,F,cool smiley out of bounds.
I will attach my configuration H for your evaluation if you have time.
Thank you again.
Be safe
Jeff KG7TXI
May 19, 2019 06:17PM
That is supposed to be L,R,F,B out of bounds but the forum editor interpreted it as an emoji code. Attaching the config and the .ino
Help Mr. Wizard!
Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drone, Time for zis von to come home...
smileys with beersmileys with beer
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (74.1 KB)
open | download - Marlin-1.1.9BF.ino (1.9 KB)
May 19, 2019 06:58PM
Should look something like this with a 10mm boundary.

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 36 // -26 (' 26 + 10 MM border)
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 200 // (10mm Border)
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0 // (sensor is already back 30mm)
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170 // -30 (' any larger the Sensor will probe off the back')

If you get any errors post the exact error

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 07:23PM by Roberts_Clif.

May 20, 2019 09:27AM
i shall apply and try it. thank you again. your help is beyond value.
be safe
Jeff KG7TXI
May 20, 2019 08:56PM
Here are the copies of the errors. I can circumvent them by using this:

//#define MIN_PROBE_X X_MIN_POS
//#define MAX_PROBE_X X_MAX_POS
//#define MIN_PROBE_Y Y_MIN_POS
//#define MAX_PROBE_Y Y_MAX_POS
However it causes it's own set of problems.display the error the L,R,F,B out of bounds
On the
Thank you again for your help.
Be safe.
Jeff KG7TXI

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:42:0,

from sketch\Max7219_Debug_LEDs.cpp:38:

SanityCheck.h:947:5: error: static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

static_assert(RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_X, "RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");

^

SanityCheck.h:948:5: error: static assertion failed: FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

static_assert(FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION >= MIN_PROBE_Y, "FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");

^

from sketch\SdFile.cpp:29:

SanityCheck.h:947:5: error: static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

static_assert(RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_X, "RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");

^

SanityCheck.h:948:5: error: static assertion failed: FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

static_assert(FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION >= MIN_PROBE_Y, "FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");

^

from sketch\mesh_bed_leveling.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\cardreader.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\SdVolume.cpp:29:

^

^

from sketch\I2CPositionEncoder.cpp:31:

^

^

from sketch\power.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\G26_Mesh_Validation_Tool.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\enum.h:26,

from sketch\planner.h:36,

from sketch\planner.cpp:65:

^

^

from sketch\SdFatUtil.cpp:29:

^

^

from sketch\fwretract.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\planner_bezier.cpp:30:

^

^

from sketch\hex_print_routines.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\leds.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\SdBaseFile.cpp:30:

^

^

from sketch\power_loss_recovery.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\Sd2Card.cpp:29:

^

^

from sketch\Marlin.h:35,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:258:

^

^

from sketch\nozzle.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\least_squares_fit.cpp:35:

^

^

from sketch\blinkm.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\M100_Free_Mem_Chk.cpp:49:

^

^

from sketch\MarlinSerial.cpp:36:

^

^

from sketch\malyanlcd.cpp:44:

^

^

from sketch\neopixel.cpp:27:

^

^

exit status 1

from sketch\pca9632.cpp:28:

^

^

from sketch\digipot_mcp4018.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\runout.cpp:27:

^

^

from sketch\servo.cpp:53:

^

^

from sketch\digipot_mcp4451.cpp:23:

^

^

from sketch\enum.h:26,

from sketch\parser.h:32,

from sketch\parser.cpp:27:

^

^

static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
May 20, 2019 11:04PM
OK Lets go at this from another route. " you should have Arduino IDE 1.6.8 or better to compile correctly

Google Drive

1st I took your Configuration.h pasted it into my Marlin 1.1.9BF.
I have Compiled the Firmware with Arduino IDE 1.8.8
Posted is a photo of the Compile with no errors
Also in link is the Entire Marlin 1.1.9BF and the Arduino IDE Compiler for windows.
You can use 7-Zip to extract Marlin 1.1.9BF to a folder with named " Marlin_1.1.9BF "

For everyone reading this is for his 3D Printer and may not work with any other 3D Printer.
If you decide to upgrade to Marlin 2.0.0 it requires Arduino IDE 1.8.8 or newer.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2019 11:24PM by Roberts_Clif.

May 21, 2019 10:52AM
Master, you are a God. I will implement when I get home. Thank you again. if ever you are in the Wyoming area and need help Southwest Wyoming in particular you have only but to ask. Peace on your house. Be safe.
Jeff KG7TXI
May 21, 2019 08:57PM
Thank You.

Though I am not a Deity I am Human an with this comes the mistakes that we all tend to make, so be patient I will get you there...

May 21, 2019 09:34PM
Well I'm sure you are regretting starting this with me. You are so great and your patience is incredible.
I am using Arduino 1.8.9 and have no problems compiling and uploading the current file. I can home X, Y, and Z. Then when I try to do a G29 or use autobedleveling on the controller I get the results shown ini the picture. I added this code to get it to compile:

#define MIN_PROBE_X X_MIN_POS
#define MAX_PROBE_X X_MAX_POS
#define MIN_PROBE_Y Y_MIN_POS
#define MAX_PROBE_Y Y_MAX_POS

The problem is that when this is active the boundary issue occurs as in the picture. Also I had to decrease the offset of the nozzle from the center of the inductive Z probe. The sensor is really 56 mm forward of the nozzle and 22 mm to the left. If I enter the 56 mm as -56 nothing will work.

I just don't get it, I am not the only printer with an offset like this.

Eagerly await your input.

Are there any clear advantages to trying to use Marlin 2.0?

Thanks and have a great night.
Be safe.
Jeff KG7TXI
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot (5).png (167.9 KB)
May 21, 2019 10:54PM
OK Arduino 1.8.9 IDE is fine.

Google Drive

Updated the file on Google Drive

Changes Made

//*************************************************************************
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -22 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -56 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 1 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

//#define MIN_PROBE_X X_MIN_POS
//#define MAX_PROBE_X X_MAX_POS
//#define MIN_PROBE_Y Y_MIN_POS
//#define MAX_PROBE_Y Y_MAX_POS

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (MIN_PROBE_EDGE + 22)
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (X_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (MIN_PROBE_EDGE + 56)
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION (Y_BED_SIZE - (MIN_PROBE_EDGE + 46))

Your Probe is really quite far forward, My probe could be adjusted so close to the nozzle it would get melted though I chose 25mm directly behind the nozzle easy to adjust this way.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 11:21PM by Roberts_Clif.

May 23, 2019 12:35AM
Oh well. At least it is closer. Said our hero as he sharpens his harikiri dagger. I changed the steps/mm to 400 and it seems stopped slamming into the end stops. It does a g 28 fine but g 29 does only the back 1" of center. Tried to do a video but forum won't let me UL a 4.5 Mb file. Please PM me an email for you so I can send the vid. I will not abuse the privilege.
Thank you again for your help. I am afraid this is futile but will stay with it.
It is damnably frustrating.
May 23, 2019 12:40AM
BTW, what probe do you use and where did you get it?
Jeff
May 23, 2019 08:22AM
jhansx
Oh well. At least it is closer. Said our hero as he sharpens his harikiri dagger. I changed the steps/mm to 400 and it seems stopped slamming into the end stops. It does a g 28 fine but g 29 does only the back 1" of center. Tried to do a video but forum won't let me UL a 4.5 Mb file. Please PM me an email for you so I can send the vid. I will not abuse the privilege.
Thank you again for your help. I am afraid this is futile but will stay with it.
It is damnably frustrating.

Video would definitely help. You could Upload Video to a Free online share like Google Drive!

I Found the Proximity sensor on E-Bay, an went this way because my original Proximity sensor was 65mm behind and 25mm right. I purchased a box of 5 for price of one sensor.

It is a OMRON TL-W3MC2 which is a 3mm proximity sensor. They have other sensors

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 08:50AM by Roberts_Clif.

May 23, 2019 09:09AM
you must have had terrible experiences on the forum giving out your email. I understand. I believe I have managed to copy the link for the video on my Google drive.[drive.google.com]
May 23, 2019 10:40AM
Can you print my Adjustable Sensor Slide mount STL models. Modified from a Hictop proximity sensor off Thingiverse.

They require a long Screw a Thumb nut and a spring to apply pressure to hold in place.

NewHictopSensorMountv2.stl

NewHictopSlidingconnector.stl

On the New Hictop Sliding connector I screw in a long 46mm in length Screw slide a Spring over the screw then Slide the mount over and adjust height with a thumb nut...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 11:01AM by Roberts_Clif.

May 23, 2019 04:05PM
Watched your video your configuration is in need of some changes.

When you do a G28, your home center is you are way out in back, Would assume that 400 is wrong.

Everything I see leads me to believe you have a 3DP08 by Hictop. Have some web links to see if these are the parts you have.

[www.hic3dprinter.com]
[www.hic3dprinter.com]

I need to know where you got your 3D Printer so we can figure out your firmware

You could also do a home any way you can. Then tape a piece of paper to the bed.
Then move the nozzle using the LCD to the front left corner, mark where the nozzle is, move back 50mm mark the location of the nozzle, move right 50mm mark the location of the nozzle.
Now measure the distance between the marks is should be 50mm.

Post you readings.

Than You.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 09:36PM by Roberts_Clif.

May 23, 2019 08:48PM
The controller that I have is a board from Amazon that is an a ramps 1.4 board. This is the link.
[www.amazon.com]

I also have a Ramps v1.6:

[www.amazon.com]

Tha latter is JUNK but uses 1.4 logic, layout, and wiring.
Thanks again still plugging along...
May 23, 2019 09:39PM
Really need to know how far the XY Axis travel compared to how far they are told to move.

May 24, 2019 02:05AM
After X axis home using the LCD "Move axis" I got the X axis to move 140 "mm" to travel across the bed (215mm measured) to the hard stop on the extreme of X movement. Repeating with the Y axis I got the plate to move 122 "mm" before hitting the endstop at the extreme of Y movement.
I do not know how to translate these into settings for the machine.
Jeff
May 24, 2019 07:57AM
Thank you.

Though need a set number like 50mm or 100mm. 50 in the Y axis and 50mm in the X axis

What we want to do is to calibrate your X, Y, Z Axis,
[www.instructables.com]

Sample of what a cheap Chinese 3D Printer can do, and this clearly is not a perfect 3D Print.

[youtu.be]

You can clearly see the left model has a few rough edges. This only occurs when I print using OctoPrint. Right Model 3D Printed from SD Card exact same G-Code.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2019 09:55AM by Roberts_Clif.

May 24, 2019 11:57AM
Awesome. I believe very much that it does not matter who built the printer it is a matter of getting the correct settings and then in theory, if it is a rigid structure,it should print exactly like a prusa. The difference being the prusa will do it out of the box and the DIY kit will do it in about a month or two. I spent three weeks last month 3 to 5 hours a day trying to make a Delta printer work that I got from Amazon and finally threw in the towel realizing it was way over my head.
I will get that data and follow the instructor balls and get back with you. I'm driving all day today so my weekend is committed to getting a good print. Thank you again for all your help, Master Jedi. I was thinking of trying to edit a copy of 2.0 once I get to settings. Do you have any feeling one way or the other as to whether it is worth upgrading to 2.0? Seems to me it's really main benefit is using a faster processor. Anyway I'll get back with you. Thank you a thousand times.. please be safe.

Jeff KG7TXI
May 24, 2019 02:36PM
I have Marlin 2.0.0 on both my 3D Printers as far as being faster ?????
Have not noted it as being faster, though it has added features that I wanted to experiment with...

And we can switch to Marlin 2 any time you like.

May 24, 2019 10:55PM
No i just mean it is supposed to support 32 bit processors not more speed necessarily but more iterations.
May 25, 2019 08:33PM
So after homing all axes a Reptier Host command to move "50" moves the X axis 99.63 and the Y axis 98.20. Now how do we translate that into the X and Y movement settings. I will bet that the measurements are closer to identical and very close to 99 and the difference is measurement error but that is what I got, checked it three times.
Hope I can actually do a print...
Thanks for your awesome help!!!
Be safe.
Jeff KG7TXI
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login