Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A8 homing issues

Posted by choochooboy123 
Anet A8 homing issues
May 19, 2019 12:39PM
Hey again, my printer has a new issue. I was doing a print, and as it was laying down the raft, i left to eat some food. When i came back, the bed motor had stopped moving and it was just leaving big piles of filament on the bed. I tried to do some digging, and i never found a solution to this issue. When i try to home, it comes up with and error that says "Homing failed printer halted please reset. My all of my other axis work fine except for the bed motor. it makes a weird humming sound instead of moving. I tried to reflash the firmware to it many times but that never worked. Would appreciate some expert knowledge, thanks in advance.
Re: Anet A8 homing issues
May 19, 2019 02:33PM
What kind of board do you have? Does it have a replaceable stepper motor driver? Can it be the stepper driver burnt out? Can it be a cable issue? There are many things we need to know before we can come up with a possible solution.

Let's start with your printer model, board type and type of stepper drivers you are using.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Re: Anet A8 homing issues
May 21, 2019 07:01PM
I actually replaced the motor and cable, but the problem persisted. I'll link the motor i'm using, but it's using a ramps 1.4 board

[www.ebay.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login