Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm looking for a fixed bed Cartesian 3D Printer to build.

Posted by janpenguin 
I'm looking for a fixed bed Cartesian 3D Printer to build.
July 04, 2019 04:50PM
Hi there,

I'm planning to build a large 3D Printer. The first prototype would have 300x300x300. The second one would be 500x500x500.
I had built two Deltabot 3D Printers but due to space limitation I need to build Cartesian 3D Printers.
I have three Prusa I3.

I found one 3D Printer, which was Voron CoreXY 3D Printer. But new electronics and firmware put me back.
It uses Raspberry Pi 3 B+, two RAMPS, and two Arduino Mega, seven NEMA17 stepper motors.

Thanks in advance.
Re: I'm looking for a fixed bed Cartesian 3D Printer to build.
July 05, 2019 12:24PM
Why not CoreXY or Ultimate type (similar to CoreXY but uses rotating smooth rods) ?

I've built a cartesian but wish I'd gone CoreXY as I love the fixed bed and X/Y moving hotend design.
July 05, 2019 01:24PM
A couple people are building corexy machines similar to this one.

The bed is belt lifted in Z like the Voron, but unlike the Voron, it uses a single motor so the bed stays level once set. A worm gear drive prevents bed motion when Z motor power is off.

There's no complete BOM - you'll have to do some thinking/shopping/modifying the design for yourself- but there's a complete CAD model to work from.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 07, 2019 02:00AM
Here are some more designs you might want to look at:

BLV mgn Cube, [www.thingiverse.com]
RailCore II, [www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2019 02:00AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login