Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brim for sharp turns

Posted by pvwebb 
Brim for sharp turns
August 01, 2019 02:54PM
As shown in attached image, when making the brim for sharp turns, one can expand the brim until the brim starts out as smooth, then builds up to the sharp turns. This made it much easier for the brim to adhere to the bed on the turns.
Attachments:
open | download - brim.JPG (131.4 KB)
Re: Brim for sharp turns
August 02, 2019 03:50AM
Sorry, I do not completely understand your message, but I do know, that with such a brim, you do not need a separate skirt smiling smiley The nozzle will be primed with printing the brim.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 02, 2019 07:44AM
When the brim started out with sharp turns, the brim would not adhere to the bed on the sharp turns. Attached is the part of the brim with sharp turns.
Attachments:
open | download - brim2a.jpg (271.7 KB)
August 19, 2019 02:02AM
for corner lifting the old fashioned ways works better,, just add one or two layer thick circles of 10-15mm dia on the corner and after printing u can just clip them off..
August 20, 2019 01:32PM
The circles gave me the idea to fill in the area of concern with a single layer (see attached). This will allow for a small brim.
Attachments:
open | download - 1layer.JPG (61.4 KB)
August 22, 2019 07:09AM
The modification in the attachment on the previous comment worked well. A 6 mm brim worked, which was 1/5th of the original brim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login