Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS gen L 1.0 firmware for anet a8

Posted by kilzone0007 
MKS gen L 1.0 firmware for anet a8
August 30, 2019 07:02PM
Hello, I'm having a big problem, I bought a MKS GEN l 1.0 card because the original board of my anet a8 gave problem, until then ok, I downloaded marlin 1.1.9 and made some changes to work correctly on the board and when I went to test the engines did not work (I thought it was the driver (DRV8825) I changed and still did not work so I thought it was the faulty engine but when I put in another board the engines work normally, I managed after a lot of effort to make them "work" on the board mks gen L 1.0 but only in one direction on x and y axis already in z it works in both directions even in marlin is set up like this

{

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false
}
NOTE The motors "run inconsistently on the mks board, and even if not moving they emit a strong" beep "the drv8825 vref is sized correctly for this engine, I put 0.6 in the trimpot

all hardware from extruder table motor is original from anet a8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 07:20PM by kilzone0007.
Re: MKS gen L 1.0 firmware for anet a8
September 04, 2019 04:57PM
kilzone0007
Hello, I'm having a big problem, I bought a MKS GEN l 1.0 card because the original board of my anet a8 gave problem, until then ok, I downloaded marlin 1.1.9 and made some changes to work correctly on the board and when I went to test the engines did not work (I thought it was the driver (DRV8825) I changed and still did not work so I thought it was the faulty engine but when I put in another board the engines work normally, I managed after a lot of effort to make them "work" on the board mks gen L 1.0 but only in one direction on x and y axis already in z it works in both directions even in marlin is set up like this

{

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false
}
NOTE The motors "run inconsistently on the mks board, and even if not moving they emit a strong" beep "the drv8825 vref is sized correctly for this engine, I put 0.6 in the trimpot

all hardware from extruder table motor is original from anet a8

There is no guarantee that board makers will pin-out the stepper connections like any other board maker. Check the wiring to the motors to make sure that the windings line up properly.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login