Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

Posted by TerryD15 
RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
February 03, 2020 01:58AM
Hi,

I run Marlin on a DIY reprap i3 cartesian printer which I built and ran successfully several years ago. I upgraded recently to Marlin 1.1.9(bugfix) which I configured with Arduino IDE 1.8.10. All functions worked correctly including the nozzle offset (-38 mm) as my X axis is wider than the bed.

I then decided to add a BL Touch sensor for Automatic Beb Levelling. The sensor is offset X by -45 mm (left) and Y by 8mm (behind) which I think is correct. When I then compiled the modified Marlin firmware I get the following sanity check:

static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.

I have tried changing the BL Touch offset to zero and to a +ve integer but I still get the same message. Is this a bug or is it some error on my behalf? I have seen this error mentioned on GitHub but as a non programmer I have failed to see any resolution. I would be grateful for any advice if anyone has experienced and solved the problem. My configuration.h is attached,

TerryD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2020 05:22AM by TerryD15.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
Re: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
February 03, 2020 09:02AM
I looked at your uploaded code and did not see your configuration for the BLtouch offsets
I also did not see where you configured your bed leveling. I believe you posted the wrong Configuration.h

My setting are for a sensor 25 mm directly behind the nozzle with a 10mm edge
I have a 220mm X 270mm X 190mm build area.

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0    // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 25    // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -0.5  // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 10

#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE   10 // Z Clearance for Deploy/Stow
#define Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES  5 // Z Clearance between probe points
#define Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE     5 // Z Clearance between multiple probes
#define Z_AFTER_PROBING            10 // Z position after probing is done

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
  #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 200
  #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 25
  #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2020 09:02AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login